Will this work? PC

Started by bluerunner, October 20, 2008, 06:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluerunner

Ok so here's my idea, I use the half pint jars for making my cakes, and I want to try a different way for sterilizing.  Just tell me if this would work or not.

I take the jar fill it with the verm mix, then I screw on the lid, and already fit the lids with the poly filter, then wrap the jar in aluminum foil. Then into the pressure cooker.  This way I avoid having to expose the jars to the air after they come out the PC. (I normally just use an aluminum foil lid for the jars in the PC then when they come out I replace the foil with a poly fill lid followed by inoculation.....So... will using these pre-poly filter lids inside the pressure cooker be ok if wrapped well in foil?

-Thanks for the help
Think for yourself, question authority.

psilocybin warrior

If your using vermiculite why are you using polyfill?

"This way I avoid having to expose the jars to the air after they come out the PC."???

> If your using polyfill filter lid you don't have to worry about that.

Your so called "different way" for sterilizing I think is actually the correct way for sterilizing grains, I don't really use tinfoil on the lids either way but I don't see how it could hurt.

bluerunner

Yeah I know its a strange method, but it works, my Myc grows fast as shit. But the real issue about my question is whether or not the polyfil can "take the heat" in the PC, and wrappin it up in foil to keep water out.
Think for yourself, question authority.

Baphom3t

Yes polyfil can take the heat.

Baph