substrate after pc'ed

Started by sin2win, October 22, 2008, 01:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

after u pc a jar (wbs 4 me) how long can u keep it before u inuculate it?  will anything happen 2 it if u keep it in the pc or out (for more than lets say....3 days?)  does rye differ in this perspective? TY!

High4life

until the jar is cool to touch. Its recommended to leave the jars overnight. Either way works

Baphom3t

If your jars set for 3 days and get no signs of contam they will still be good to innoc.
3 days after PCing , you will see contam or smell it and that will tell you if it is good.

Baph

sin2win

thx... 3 days was just a toss up number, i was just wandering how long can u keep the jars be4 inuculating.  so pretty much it differs and i just have to look at signs of contams.

I was just asking cuz i pc'ed my jars and had to go to work and now im going to inuculate. its going to be around 20-22 hrs after pced and its still in the pc never opened(dont know if that was a good idea or not).

Baphom3t

oh ok,
I was going on the premise that you had to wait 3 days.
You can put them in the fridge and they can last up to 2 weeks. <<<Not Recommended.
You should innoc as soon as they cool, which is usually overnight,or at least 6 - 9 hrs.
You are good to innoc those jars.

Baph