Foil on during colonization?

Started by sin2win, October 23, 2008, 04:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

I recall reading in a post (Baph) that u said u dont need the aluminum foil on the jars during colonization, am i right?  I beleive u also said that a polyfil lid is enough (no tyvek or coffe filter lids).  I did just that, I got a Polyfil lid and thats it, is that good enough (also i have the aluminum foil over the lids but im not sure if its nessasary)?  will the aluminum affect the "breathing" process during colinization? 

I'm just making sure that i remebered correctly...trying to play it safe! :mellow:

Baphom3t

You can take the foil off after innoc for PF jars but put tape on the innoc holes and be fine.
I loosely put the foil back on to help.
Grain jars are the same idea.
Make sure you jar lids look like this http://www.fungifun.org/English/Polyfil for grains,and you keep the foil on for grains since it doesn't hold the same barrier as BRF.
Brf has the dry verm layer and can just have tape over the innoc holes.

Baph

sin2win

alright, thats actually the exact site i used to make the poly lid,  I kep the aluminum on sooo we'll c... got my fingers crossed.  The start didnt go as planned tho but i was still very sterile.  I only made 3 jars or wbs for a start (didnt want to make 2 many 4 my 1st time in case somthing goes wrong, i still have some of the spore syringe left)  I used the hawaian spores so wish me luck lol.  i figured ill save my others when i succeed!  ( Ban Hau Thanon, Thai-Lipa Yai, and Chitwan... they sound better lol ^_^) looking forward to chitwan baph

High4life

since you started with the hawaii strain let me know how it goes. Let me know if it colonizes slow because my hawaii strain colonized really slow compared to my tasmanian strain.