Patiance....my first grow!

Started by sin2win, October 27, 2008, 11:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

well, I started my grow and i will post updates here.  When i get action or concerns ill post up pics but anyway its the Hawaiian strain on a WBS substrate.

As of now,i have a little concern as there nothing happening yet lol... I inuculated Thursday evening/night and nothing.  im being patiant and will start some new jars with a difrent strain at the end of this week if nothing happens. 

I know a member here said he had trouble (very slow colizination) with hawaiian strain, can that be it?  I thought the grains start showing signs after 2-3 days?  THX!

sin2win

well my temp isn't constant the whole time but it is mostly (somewhere between 75 and 82).  Its in a bin and got the whole water heater set up but not to fund of it.  As for humidity, thats irrelevant in colonization, thats important after birthing (maybe during).

k12357

I too have experianced the slow colonization of the Hawaiian strain.   I once had pf cakes that took 6 weeks to colonize.  I have since moved to grains recently and am 2 weeks into colonizing on WBS still not fully colonized.  I have no advice on speeding the strain up.   Im just dealing with it for now.  But I am serioulsly thinking about trying other strains.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

Baphom3t

It could be the substrain causing slow colonization,but in all honestly the amount of time you have waited isn't anything to be sweating.

Baph

High4life

Yea My PES Hawaii Strain was very slow in colonizing....I didn't see anything till a week and 1 day. Since then its been growing at a slow rate. I learned to have patience with this strain.

:ph34r:

sin2win

yea im just waiting, i know its just been a few days.  I got rid of the water heater setup (my water heatrer broke) so im just going to leave it alone.  I still have 3 other strains so im going to start a couple more jars in the next few days... Its ok, still fun and exciting growing for the first time

... I still have a little hawaiian strain left btw (like 4cc) just in case i messed somthing up.  -_-

sin2win

I used prob the same 1 u got with a little mix of another.  Mostly followed the Doc's Wild Bird Seed Tek but took a little points out of the one baph provided 4 me also... 

Anyway here r the links
http://www.shroomery.org/9030/Docs-Wild-Bird-Seed-Tek

http://www.shroomtalk.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t15327.html

p.s. what i did diffrent in the Doc's WBS is put the wbs on a towel to dry off a bit like it said to do in the other 1 and also i kept the wbs in water longer than doc's (like the other 1 at MYWhat? said)
GL

sin2win

Well it's been about a week and im starting to c mycelium growth in multiple spots.  I will post some pics soon, when they develop a little more.  And man the Hawaiian strain does take a loooooooong time to get going.  I should just start 1 of my other strains and i might be eating them by the time my jars develop lol.

sin2win

besides the hawaiian i started, my other 3 r Ban Hau Thanon, Thai-Lipa Yai, and Chitwan.  Shouldve started with 1 of those but i really wanted to do those after i get a grow in.  My Hawaiian is almost a test grow but ive studied so much it feels like everything is going good (besides the sloooooow colinization) lol.

sin2win

vn im going to start another strain, my hawaiian is waaaay 2 slooooow!!  ill post pics in another day or 2 but nice to hear bout ure myc development.

sin2win

This is 13 1/2 long days after inuculation (hawaiian strain). very slooow colinization but it going so im happy :)

This is after i shook it.

The foggy jars i think r because of the pc, they were like that after i took em out.  I heard if u put a little bit of viniger in the water (in the pc) the jars wont get that look.

Baphom3t

Looking good man.
Those are right on time for 13 days.
Just let them do there thing and you'll be on your way to fruiting before you know it.

Baph

gregski153

what is a good Psilocybe cubensi to start with for a beginner ? :huh:

psilocybin warrior

Anyone's you wan't, just use the pf-tek a couple times.