Strange arrival of knots

Started by g fung, October 29, 2008, 07:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g fung

I have a penis envy grow going. It is cased with vermiculite, the bulk substrate is cow poo, the spawn was wild bird seed inoculated with a multispore syringe.

The "problem" is that the multitude of knots did not arrive until the second flushes beginning?
The first flush looked slim when I saw just a few pins and no more after that. As expected the crop was horrible. I blamed it on being a multispore and not an isolate, as I have heard that it is especially well worth the effort and possibly necessary with this particular strain (P.E.). Now that the trays are due to flush again I am seeing a tray full of knots.

Any thoughts as to why?
...At least any thoughts other than fungus just does what it wants to sometimes.

Baphom3t

Man a pic would help.
Look at the upper right in this pic.
The white fuzzy patch.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/BAPHOM3T_666/DCFC0001.jpg

Does it look like that?
If so, it's Trich and about to turn green.
One for sure way to know if it's Trich is to take a flamed sterlized sewing needle and scratch on one of the knots and if you see a green color,not like the greenish/blueing that's normal brusing.
Then it's Trich and needs to be removed from the FC.

Or does it look like this?
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/BAPHOM3T_666/pic1.jpg

Baph

cmac37

Baph you are a wealth of knoweledge.....

g fung

Its not trich. Its just a sea of second flush pins after a really crappy first flush.

??????????

Baphom3t

That's why I added the 2nd pic g fung.
Does it look more like the 2nd pic?
There's a reason why I ask.
The white fuzzy patch in the first pic is a patch of Trich.
The second pic is a tray about to fruit.
If it looks like the 2nd pic then your ok.

Baph

g fung

It def was the second pic. Most the pins fruited. And now a good portion, 25%, look as though they are about to abort :huh: There is no trich. I just can't get my head around the second flush being this much more vigorous and plentiful (which is the question afterall)   Could it be that I blew it on the PH?

Baphom3t

"And now a good portion, 25%, look as though they are about to abort "

Some cube strains are like that.
It is possibly a RH issue.Lack of RH can stunt and or cause fruit to abort.
Make sure you have enough RH and FAE going for your FC.

1st flushes are usually smaller in weight but 2nd and 3rd flushes make up for it.That and that's the way of multispore innocs.

"Could it be that I blew it on the PH?"

What is PH?

Baph

sin2win

I think he means the pH level (acidity or alkalinity)

Baphom3t

You may be correct and if that's what he means,I highly doubt that it would be a PH issue.
It's just Grain and water.
I never add stuff.It's just not needed for the most part.

Baph