Can you freeze mushrooms for longtime storage?

Started by F.MercuryKing, November 01, 2008, 08:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F.MercuryKing

Is it possible to freeze them?

And another question, is the dose all the same on all magic mushrooms?
2.5 grams for medium trip or does it vary on the type of mushroom?

Trips509

"Is it possible to freeze them?"

Since mushrooms are 90% water, if you freezed them fresh, when you thawed them out they would be mush. And if they are dried, there is no need to freeze them. Just keep dry mushrooms in a dry dark spot.

"is the dose all the same on all magic mushrooms? or does it vary on the type of mushroom?"

It varies on type of mushroom. All psilocybe cubensis (which is what most people grow) will be pretty much the same. Psilocybe azurescens and psilocybe cyanescen are roughly twice as potent as cubensis and people do grow this kind outdoors. Then there is other kinds that people grow indoors (panaeolus cyanescen) and yet other kinds people pick outdoors. All with varying potencies.

F.MercuryKing

i see , but ive heard that dry mushrooms only last for 6 months then loose their magic?

Ohh so cubensis like Golden teacher and mexican mushrooms all have same doses?

psilocybin warrior

i see , but ive heard that dry mushrooms only last for 6 months then loose their magic?

-That's an awful long time to store them, I've never heard the 6 month magic loss.

Ohh so cubensis like Golden teacher and mexican mushrooms all have same doses?

-Generally speaking, yes.  They do contain different variations of chemical levels which will induce a different kind of trip. So each cube is unique in its own little way.

F.MercuryKing

i see , well i wanted to know cause ive heard that they are makin a law to get the cubensis illegal in holland too... so i started to think about if i should buy as much grow kits i can, and maybe freeze the mushrooms in large quantities ? or how long can a spore syringe hold?

it would be awful if they make this illegal everywhere and impossible to grow.

psilocybin warrior

freeze mushrooms in a large quantity <(bad idea)

Buy/make prints and syringes

Baphom3t

No Doubt,
Fuck buying kits and shit that make vendors excessive $$$ simply cause they make it.
The whole point in this hobby is to learn how to do it yourself from syringe or spore print.

Whether it be PF TEK or GrainTEK of some type,If one can't have at least the patience with themselves to learn this then what does that say about you on a personal level?
Sorry man,I apologize for my rant, but people finding convenice for the sake of whatever is bullshit.

Either you will learn this hobby and help others or you won't.
Although grow bags can prove useful,it still is no full kit that is something you can build 30 bucks cheaper, than buying it.

"If you build it, they will come." ;)
There are many ways to learn this hobby.
The best is learning how to PC your own grains and not relying on others to do it for you in a kit.

Baph

F.MercuryKing

for sure , i was just being lazy and wanted to like grow one Kilo and store it for like 10 years  :wacko: but the best thing is to learn it all from the start.

Ive learned how to grow it by myself only that i need to learn how to get the spores.

Ive seen that you take the cap of the shroom and put it in tinfoil paper for like 2-3 days then scrape of the print into destilled water then suck it up in the syringe.

Is that the right way?

psilocybin warrior

That sounds very susceptible to contam's, here is a list of tek's find what that suits you the best. http://www.shroomery.org/26/Spore-Prints-Syringes

PW