Spore Prints

Started by shroom_fairy, November 05, 2008, 02:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shroom_fairy

Hey

I was just wondering, how long can u keep a spore print for? I have been given one but i don't plan to use it for a while so what would you advise?

Thanks for your time and feedback.

sin2win

yea, i should save it for the pros to answer but if i remeber right... if stored in a dark cool place, they can last for years.  not sure how many but i think i heard some1 say it was good 3 years later.

psilocybin warrior

Sin2win is right, keep it in a cool dark place although 3 years is a bit long to keep 1 print.  I'd say not much longer than 1 year for the best results.

doughboy86

like i have said befor im just a begginer but what i would say is u could proble keep it for a long time u just have to reactivate the spores properly eg1. innoculate flower cake eg2. innoculate petri dish with agar......this method would take a lot longer to do but u will get better results then just trying to spawn from spore print and u need a lot less to grow a culture so as a result the spore print could be two years old and have only 25 percent of the spores left on the print usable and the other 75 percent unsable and still have a better chance of growing a culture but we all must not for get that most people dont wanna wait an extra month to grow a good culture wich in turn with produce twice as many fruits and will conlize faster all some people c is whats is gonna happen first another  good way to grow a killer culture is to take the best mushroom outta the crop and use some of its flesh to grow a culture in agar