size matters?

Started by sin2win, November 06, 2008, 06:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

does the size of the shroom affect the potency of it?  ive read (little) somthing that said the smaller shrooms are a little more potent than the big monsters?? So should i be looking for fat asses or r the big 1's just as good? 

Say i have 3.5 grams made of 2 big shrooms and another 3.5 g made up of 10 little 1's... would the affect be the same?

Also how is the potency of aborts compared to a regular mushie?

Trips509

"does the size of the shroom affect the potency of it?" 

I think it was in the original Psilocybe Fanaticus text that is says this. Something about mushrooms producing psilocybin and psilocin mostly while they are small and growing. Then when they are more mature, the production stops and the mushroom switiches its energy to producing and droping spores. Not sure if any of this is true so don't take my word for it, but I am sure I have read it before. All in all I bet the difference is not going to be noticeable.

"Also how is the potency of aborts compared to a regular mushie?"

Also in the original text. Pretty sure aborts are more potant relative to their size than regular sized mushrooms. So my understanding is that 2 grams of aborts would be more potant than 2 grams of regulars.

But wait for some other feedback on this as well. What ever happened to Anno?

sin2win

1 more thing, I know that cube's are all almost the same but some have different effects on a single person (Head, visual, body etc.).  My q is, what if u mix 3 different strains (after their done i mean) together dried.  has any1 done this... did it effect the trip (help or hurt..neaither)?

Baphom3t

"My q is, what if u mix 3 different strains (after their done i mean) together dried.  has any1 done this... did it effect the trip (help or hurt..neaither)? "

I've done it.
The effects from mixing differant strains like you are asking are subtle.

Baph

sin2win

Baph whats your take on this

Quotedoes the size of the shroom affect the potency of it?  ive read (little) somthing that said the smaller shrooms are a little more potent than the big monsters?? So should i be looking for fat asses or r the big 1's just as good? 

Say i have 3.5 grams made of 2 big shrooms and another 3.5 g made up of 10 little 1's... would the affect be the same?

Also how is the potency of aborts compared to a regular mushie?

THX Baph YOU tha MAN :ph34r:

Baphom3t

3.5 grams of 2 big mushies aren't much differant than 10 small equal to that amount.
Some people throw aborts out.
I've read they are a bit more potent but not in amounts to make much differance imo.

Baph

captshroom

I say just eat more of the big ones. But of course I'd say that! Looking forward to "Magic Tuesday"! Sweet!

psilocybin warrior

Once the veil opens the mushroom has reached it's maximum potency but will continue to grow. Which this is the best way I can put at the moment, it "dilutes" the existing chemical's if you let it grow longer after the veil has broken.  If you think about it in chemical to fruit mass ratio's, all the original psilocybin is there it's just distributed throughout a larger fruit? anyone get this?

Trips509

I get what your saying, it's pretty much what I tried to say but you put it better.

doughboy86

i read some were that abort are 10x more potent per gram then normal size versions