shaking jars?

Started by sin2win, November 06, 2008, 07:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

I shake my jars... now i've just read that this might introduce contams to ure jars because u disrupt the mycelium development and some dont recover (they said unless u isolate).  It said just shake right when u innuculate and leave it be.  Is this correct... I thought its good to shake at 25% 50% and 75% ( i been doing it a little more often just becuz im excited bout my 1st grow hehe).

So how do u pros do it?  do u guys agree with this non-shaking tek?

Also, they said that cracked corn and popcorn are the fastest colinizers (substrate) what do u guys think?

Baphom3t

Shaking at 25% 50% and 75% is ok.
I wouldn't go shaking crazy though cause it can take longer to colonize the jar.

Baph

sin2win

ok so 25% 50% 75% is ok... so what is best in your opinion, just twice maybe?

Also- whats ure opinion on what i read about some mycelium not able to recover after too many shakes and easier to get contams?

psilocybin warrior

I usually shake twice (25%, 50%),

Also- whats ure opinion on what i read about some mycelium not able to recover after too many shakes and easier to get contams?

> That's happend to me before when I broke up my spawn too much in a big bag of poopie n straw, all the mycelium died but no contams.  I don't think shaking makes them more likely to get contam'd since everything has already been steralized.