eat mycelium?

Started by lostcause1138, November 13, 2008, 10:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostcause1138

i read somewhere that you can eat the cakes after they've been exhausted and will no longer fruit. is this true?

Baphom3t

Why would you want to eat exhausted cakes?
It would probbly tatste like ass and will more than likely not do anything for you.

Baph

Trips509

Haha, yeah eating the cakes would be pretty sick. But I have also read that cakes can be eaten. This guy didn't want to wait for the cakes to fruit so he just put them in a blender with some stuff and made a milk shake. He says he tripped out. Pretty sure this would work with spent cakes as they would still have some psilocybin/psilocin in them just not nutrients to grow more mushrooms. Not sure how many you would have to eat (1,2,3 cakes?) Overall don't think it's really worth it.

psilocybin warrior

Yeah thats just nasty, Ive read you need to eat 4-5 spent pint cakes to induce a mild trip. Just eat the fruits  ^_^

Baphom3t

Think about what's being said Trips509,
The cake is spent by the time you are talking.
The nute's are dead,gone,Ka-put.
It may be possible to continue a grow via spent sub but what are you learning this for?
You are way better off not even fucking with spent cakes and focus more on making nutrient rich substarate.
Just my opinion. -_-

Baph

sin2win

eating a cake.... nasty shit dude.  I wouldnt attempt it even if true.
I posted a link in another post bout spent cakes turned into tea...
here it is http://www.shroomery.org/6279/Substrate-Tea ,,,never did it and i prob wouldnt try it but, if ure patiant enought to wait for colinization br patiant enought to grow beauty  ^_^

tweek

malabar

Tweek.
  I'm aware of the technique, but, I'm Good! Thx
    Do what you like though,........
         :ph34r:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

tweek

Hey Malabar! I've never tried this before but I'm gonna try a batch of P. Mexicana. You don't need to build a fruiting chamber or mess with lighting or humidity. Keepin' it simple. It takes longer but I like the sclerotia idea and growing in the dark like that. Ever check out P. Mexicana? I'll let you know how it goes. Tweek.

malabar

Tweek,
  I researched the strain many years ago, when all of this was new to me, but it never progressed beyond a curiosity.  More than likely because of the time investment.  At that time I was more focus in chemical synthesis, and production of super psychedelics.  And being young, if the cubes didn't perform as quickly as they did, I might not know how to, or be doing what I do now.
  But the best of luck with the path you choose.
      The Alchemy is Art = Magic
          ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!