My mushrooms dont look healthy at all

Started by F.MercuryKing, November 14, 2008, 06:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F.MercuryKing

i dont know what im doing wrong but these does not look eatable at all...

http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00009mw9.jpg

http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00008pi1.jpg

maybe ive let them have too much light or i sprayed too much water in the bags..

Baphom3t

What is the RH in your FC?
The sub looks a little dry.
The first pic doesn't look all that bad.
The bluing is bruising.

If the 2nd pic is the same tray as the 1st,I will tell you not to eat the one that has the black spot on it.
That is rot.
The rest in the 2nd pic look ok.

Baph

F.MercuryKing

yes they are all from the same tray..

I agree with you , the one with the black spots on dont look eatable at all..

i dont know the humidity level cause they are in plastic bags with water in the bottom.. I spray water everyday in them , maybe i accidently sprayed on the shrooms.. And i expose them to a fluorecent light everyday..

the fat mushroom to the left on the first pic looks like it has alittle cobweb on the base of it.. can it still be eaten?

Why are the mushrooms so tiny also?

psilocybin warrior

I spray water everyday in them

> You probably shouldn't do that everyday if they are in a sealed bag.

maybe i accidentally sprayed on the shrooms

> Ive sprayed water directly on them countless times, thats not the problem.

And i expose them to a fluorescent light everyday..

> That's fine.

Why are the mushrooms so tiny also?

> Their not fully matured.

I didn't notice any cobweb, all those little ones that stopped growing and are rotting at the cap are aborts, don't eat them.

Baphom3t

You HAVE to know your RH.
If you can't get a Hydrometer or anything to show RH then there is no need growing.
That Plastic bag contraption is a joke now isn't it?
You have better FC options in front of you if you take the time to RESEARCH.  -_-

My adivce is take what you can off the 1st flush when the time is right,but drain the water out and add strained perlite to add RH instead of the water,it's more effeicent.
This is where a Hydrometer comes into play.
Hydrometers give a calculation of RH (RH = Realitive Humidity)  and within the proper guidlines can give you the fruits of your labor.  -_- -_-

Baph

Baph

psilocybin warrior

That Plastic bag contraption is a joke now isn't it?

> Not if you do it riiiiight ^_^

Plastic bag's shouldn't be used when you make a casing, I only use them with 50/50 dung/straw, because once you throw your grains in, let the sub colonize and then you can use it as a fruiting chamber as well.  The moisture in the sub if enough to provide a sufficient RH.  Just a lazy way.

colo-fung

I use jars. The cakes colonize 2 weeks from syringe i made of a print. Then they go into a 2'X3' rubbermaid. I cut a hole in the lid. Attach a piece of plastic film on hole. perlite in the bottom. fill with water till you can start seeing water want to pool. then drop 12 cakes in, sprinkle wet vermiculite on the cakes. it sticks and then they grow. very big i might add. 5-8 in long with caps up to 4 in accross. Granted they dont all go that bic. about 25% monsters, 1 of 30 aborts. 5-8 days post pin.

psilocybin warrior

psilocybin warrior

haha, I was thinking like...how'd I get into this thread :huh: