My first PF-Tek

Started by King Wataba, November 14, 2008, 09:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Wataba

I just had a quick question before I start my first PF-Tek. I plan on doing PF-Tek for simple minds and to case them. Do I still need to put perlite in the bottom of my FC if I'm using the casing technique? or will the case produce enough humidity on it's on?

Thanks in advance for you help!

sin2win

you will need the perlite in the fc   -_-

King Wataba

Thanks for the info. I can't wait for my syringe to get here!

King Wataba

I have another question. I set up my incubator today and I don't think the weight of 8 jars is going to be enough to keep the tub low enough in the water. Would it be ok to put something else in with the jars for the added weight such as bricks or anything else heavy?

psilocybin warrior

Would it be ok to put something else in with the jars for the added weight such as bricks or anything else heavy?

>Yes.

-I don't really think it matters about how low it is in the water, mine just kinda floats but the sides of the bins are flush n I just throw a big dark towel on it works just fine.

King Wataba

Turns out I'm full of questions. I'm using the steaming method for my jars. Depending on the tek I read some say to raise the jars out of the water or put a towel under the jars. How should I set up my steam system?

Baphom3t

You can just about use anything.
Most people line the bottom with extra jar lids.
You can use rope,a small chain.
You want the jars off the bottom.

Baph

King Wataba

Thanks for the info Baph. I have another question. I've read so many teks I'm not sure which way is the best anymore should I crumble my cakes before I case or is that really needed? Every Tek has it's on opinion.

Baphom3t

No need to crumble.
That's really a personal preference.
Upon crumbling / case, the crumbled cake(s) will take about 2 - 4 days to recover.

Baph

King Wataba

My cakes are turning out perfect. I've set up my FC in a Rubbermaid tub with perlite in the bottom. I've got holes filled with polyfil for FAE, but for some reason my RH is still too low. Any ideas?

psilocybin warrior

How much perlite are you using and how wet is it?

How big are the holes and your FC, and how much polyfill did you use to fill the holes?

The cakes do a big part in maintaining the RH, so mabye since their not in there.

King Wataba

sort of great news. I have two casings and 3 cakes in my FC. I've got 2 full grown shrooms off of one of the casings already but nothing else is really happening. I've got some pins going in one of the casings but it's been really gloomy here for the past week and I haven't been able to get any direct sunlight. How much light does it need and how long can the cakes and casings go without light before it's too late?

Baphom3t

"How much light does it need and how long can the cakes and casings go without light before it's too late? "

Ambient light is plenty.
Just open the curtains a bit during the day and thats fine.
You can always add more light if you want.
Flourescent light works well , regular lamp light or bedroom light will work also.
The second part of the question I can't answer because I've never had a problem with fruiting.

Baph

psilocybin warrior

How much light does it need and how long can the cakes and casings go without light before it's too late?

- Anywhere from 2-12 hours a day is good, I've only had problems fruiting one strain (puerto rican) and that lasted about a month.

PW