I've got a fw questions if someone hs a fww minutes to spare

Started by greenman, December 20, 2008, 04:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenman

I'm curious on a few things> How difficult is mushroom cultivation> i'm intimidated already as i see many things muxst be sterile and that kinda scares me somewhat> alsowhat kind of lighting is used Is HID lighting stupid and or would flouros work well enough?? How long is the light cycle is it a 12 on 12 off cycle or does it require longer or shorter periods of lighting? also obviously I am totally 100% newbie at this and wonder would I be smarter to buy a kit for the first few runs or could I biuild a kit myself?> sorry for the questions but I am way out of my league with growing mushrooms and obviously intimidated> I am an extremely qualified grower of other things indoors and have being growing indoors for 10 plus years but it sems that mushroomes are totally different> Thanx in advance> GM

Baphom3t

"How difficult is mushroom cultivation"

Well that depends on you.
Some people get upset and never succeed, while others have had success.
Sterility is a must in this hobby and is not hard to get the hang of.

The only light you need for mushrooms is ambient light in the room from the windows,if you grow it in a room that has no windows,flourescent light is perfect.You can just put a table lamp in the grow space.
Mushrooms don't grow along the same cycle as mj or other plants.

Kits are not needed imo.
This hobby is as expensive as you make it.
I as well as others on this board sterilize their own grains,have grow chambers or green houses,make our own syringes,etc...
Grow bags are a decent alternative but is more money wasted than needed in the long run.
Does it take time to learn this hobby? Yes.
But that's why communities such as this exsist. :)

A good place to satrt understanding this hobby is,
http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek

Baph