back huh...

Started by sin2win, November 19, 2008, 01:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

cool, couldnt get onto the site (i dont think it was just me but maybe) and i cased anyway.  pretty sure it was ok to case but i will post a pic later when i get off work.

Im having a pr with the RH tho. 
I first put around 5 in. of perlite on the bottom of the fc (2 bags btw). 
I took out bout 4 inches out already and is still the RH is reaching 98 99. (i dont think it the humidometer<<< made that up lol.. cuz i could see the drips insinde.)
I drilled about 20 little holes in the FC (already had 3 BIG ones) and coverd them with coffe filters becuz i dont have tyvek <<coffe filters r ok am i right?
Well see how the RH is when I come back, hopefully it settles at 92 like it is now.
Again ill post a pic later or tomarrow to make sure my tub is ok and not 2 dry.

sin2win

any thoughts bout the RH??
here's some pics.
THe case looks like there
s a little 2 much mycelium pokin out but i think its still ok?? i hope there's no overlay or anything

doughboy86

im not an expert just a fellow expermenter but u should drill the holes just above the level of the perlite  because your are making the holes to get rid of the co2 and it would ten to settle about the perlite i think and from what i understand

psilocybin warrior

Yeah coffee filters will work fine, what are you doing for FAE? the holes? you let that casing colonize before you put it in the fc right?

sin2win

for FAE, i vent aout 5 times a day, is that enought?
yes, i did colinize coverd in aluminum outside the FC.
also, should i drill more holes at the bottom?
I could always cover some holes up when its to much.
also, i read that its ok for the RH to be at 99 while waiting to pin then lower, is that ok.

ps
the RH still wont go down, even with a very small amount of perlite. what can i do?
i had a fan blowing through 1 of the holes and the RH was droping way to low and fast (prob need a smaller fan lol).

sin2win

captshroom

Are you sure that hygrometer is working? It looks real similar to one I had that got stuck on 98% after about 2 days. Those trays look OK to me.

sin2win

yes it works (hydrometer), when i take it out it goes down and when i vent it goes down.
Well here's a pic of my tumb...
its been almost a week and no signs of pininng?
the mycelium is getting whiter and it seems like it keeps growing, is this suppose to happen?
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Also the RH is still a problem... IT WONT GO DOWN (only after venting but shoots back up to 99 after a while)!
should i drill MORE holes towards the bottom?
I dont know if i should put some more case mix over my tub, i dont want overlay or anything.
Also how does the tub look, dry or ok?

PS.
i covered the case with tin foil and put it in the closet at room temputure (pre fruit/incubate) and now its almost the same temp in the fc.
does the case need a 10 degree drop tp start pinning???... hurry please heeeeelp lol

sin2win

^
^
^
can u cold shock this late in the process? or just leave it alone?
im not unpatiant just worried!!! lol,

captshroom

If the white stuff doesn't turn green in a day or two it's probably not trich. Hygrometers say in the instructions they are accurate to +/- 5% my hygro in my fc reads 99% all the time too. The first time I ventured from the PF Tek I asked the exact same questions. Baph and PW told me to hold on, be patient, a week in the fc is not long. I think your casing looks fine. Give it another week. If the white stuff turns green get rid of it fast!
Good luck.
C.S.

Baphom3t

From what I can see that tray looks fine and think I may see the beginnings of hyphal knots.
Your casing looks fine imo.
I don't see any condensation on the tray or pooling on the casing in any of the pics.
Your tray looks fine to me.
Just gotta keep a eye out for the green :)
The growth from the 1st set of pics and the 2nd set of pics don't show any sign of Trich growth from what I can see imo.

Baph

sin2win

pheeew lol.. thx a lot, i was beginnnig to worry.  ill keep looking out.

now i put a fan on once in a while (in between venting) and the RH goes down to like 80 then back up, is that going to do anything bad?

Also, even tho i dont want to touch nothing lol, cant u scratch the white stuff w/ a sterilized needle to c if its green?
How often, if at all, do u usually mist?? 

---theres barely any perlit in my fc, well a lil bit, under a inch and my RH is still 99!!  :huh:
1 more thing lol, sigh, i think im c the hyphal knots on the mycelium 2 a little bit.  thats a good thing.....right?? lol

psilocybin warrior

Im beginning to suspect your tray is too big for your fc and could be the cause of the high RH.  Fluctuating RH is not recommended, however it might mess up your pre or pinning stage.  Anywhere from 95%-100 is fine while pinning, Do you have an old pc fan?

cant u scratch the white stuff w/ a sterilized needle to c if its green?

> Yes, but only do it if u really think its contam's

now i put a fan on once in a while

> That might dry it out.

And yes, hyphal knots are good.

Oh yeah, misting casings is usually between flushes.

sin2win

yea pw, my fc was originally suppose to have 2 tubs in it that size but i onlu have 1 :angry:

do u recommend i put it in a smaller 1 now?  The RH only fluctuates when i fan or put the fan on (outside of the fc)

Also u said 95-100 rh is ok for pinning, than i should just leave it there? right.
after pinning ill start worring lol!!!

sin2win

well, i started to c little tiny pins everywhere!!  ^_^ ill post a pic soon
but when do i have to lower th RH, how far into the pinning process???
now or in a day or 2?

Also, if u suspect ,my tray to b 2 big for the fc, what do u suggest i do?? drill some more holes?? (besides a bigger fc lol)
If i had 2 trays in the fc that size what setup do u reccomend for that fc? humidifier?? what for FAE?

sin2win

well here are some of m babies coming up...
what do u all think? anything wrong or going good :huh:
i dont c anything out of the ordinary but im a newbie  :rolleyes:lol

psilocybin warrior

Very nice Sin, congrats! everything looks alright to me so far.  You could probably start picking off some of those aborts before they start rotting, sterilized tweezers work well.

PW

sin2win

all of them pw? should i just leave the bigger ones... the smaller ones wont develop?? :huh:
i know what aborts r just never seen them in person lol... ( this is my 1ST grow lol)

neophytic

Looking good, Sin! As a first timer myself, I've learned a lot from your threads. Hope to be following your success soon!  -_-

captshroom