back huh...

Started by sin2win, November 19, 2008, 01:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baphom3t

Congrats on your succsess sin2win.

Baph

sin2win

ok, the veil is starting to break on some, but they r all tiny.  my q is y??  The caps are very little like a 1/2 inch or smaller and the stems r like 2-3 inches (the biggest one)
Can it be because my substrate layer is to thin or maybe too dry??
Also i think there's lots of aborts.  Im not sure which ones to pick off because im not sure wich r still growing... I read that u pick them when the caps start getting black but before they rot

here's a pic, what do u all think.

now should i pick of all of these in the blue
the red circles are where the veil broke... blue are aborts, maybe?? :huh:

Nevertheless, im happy i got anything just wandering where i can improve to make nice big ones like u guys  :wacko:
When do you all think i should harvest?

doughboy86

damn that is beautiful right on right on

Baphom3t

Get the ones with the veils open,they are ready :)
You can tell a abort by when it stops growing.
Some of the aborts you have circled have grown a bit since the other pic,so they may not be aborts.

Pick aborts right when you notice a bit of a color change on the caps.
1st flushes can sometimes be small.

To answer the abort question and why it has happened can be fairly wide.
1.To little RH
2.Not enough FAE
3.Temps to low
4.Not enough nutrients.
5.Not enough moisture in the substrate.
6.To much moisture in the substrate.
It could be any one or a combination of those that would cause small fruits.
Small fruits are caused by any enviornment the mushroom isn't happy with.
Most aborts I have gotten come from, dryer conditions.
Congrats on the flush none-the-less. :)

Baph

sin2win

thx baph, yea i think my substrate might be a bit dry as its coming off the walls of my tub.
I been battling the RH problem but they came out, even tho they were a little unhappy lol.

so baph, ure saying i should pick those that broke out already or wait for more to break out?

THX for all the help, You ,PW, and all the others.  I dont think id be enjoying my own shrooms (soon) without u all  ^_^

sin2win

1 more q- after harvest everything, do i patch up all the little holes i made when pullinh out the mushies?
Then i fiil my tub with water, all the way covered?? and dunk for 24 hrs?
When draining i just put somthing over the case mix and spill all the water out?
Is it ok if u dont get it all out?

1 more, do i have to pull of everything, even the very tiny aborts, ones that u can barely c and almost look like the hyphal knots (but u can c a tiny tiny pin)?

psilocybin warrior

after harvest everything, do i patch up all the little holes i made when pullinh out the mushies?

> I never do, baph might say otherwise.

Then i fiil my tub with water, all the way covered?? and dunk for 24 hrs?

>  Usually people don't dunk casings, what you could do is get a gallon size or larger freezer bag put your casing in there then fill the case with water, not the whole bag.  After 12 hours poke a few tiny holes in the bottom corner of the bag and hold the plastic tight over the top of your casing so it wont spill out and let the water slowly drain out.

sin2win

srry i dont have pics of my 2nd flush fresh be4 harvest but it was at least double of the first, so im happy and hopefully im going to be growing monsters like u all soon lol.

This is the 2nd flush dried, the 1st flush was yummy and me and my friends want to thank u all!! ^_^

jrfungi

what did you case with?

sin2win

60/40 verm/peat but i suggest using coir instead of peat.  at least im using coir next time... 

Baphom3t