100% colonization?...when?

Started by sin2win, November 10, 2008, 09:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

Well here is 1 of my jars. 
It's all white even in the middle when broken but after its shooken up it doesn't look done, what would u say, what % am i at? (bout 16 days btw)

Here it is after shooken up

psilocybin warrior

That jar was pretty much done, I would have givin it another day or two until it had a nice layer of myc everywhere.  Usually when they are more than 50% colonized I don't shake them.

Baphom3t

You missed a casing oppurtunity.
That jar was ready.
You best get your casing ready and case once it gets like it is in the 1st and 2nd pic.
Once like the first 2 pics shake then put in a fruiting tray,case, wrap tray with foil put in a sterile tub,wait 3-5 days then add to FC.

Baph

sin2win

really, so it was ready! danmit!! i have 3 jars and i didnt shake the 3rd so it should be ready.

but after i shook it didnt look nearly done.? is that ok to case?
i would have to shake it anyways so it would look like that (3rd pic), so im going to getting everything ready and start in a day or 2... would that be ok?
How long can u keep a jar colinized? does anything happen to it when u have it for like 3 days done?  thx!

psilocybin warrior

really, so it was ready! danmit!! 

> Pretty much, 100% colonization is when 100% of the jar is colonized.....

but after i shook it didnt look nearly done.? is that ok to case?

> Try not to shake it so the spawn looks bare, so keep as much growth as you can.

How long can u keep a jar colinized? does anything happen to it when u have it for like 3 days done?  thx!

> I've kept fully colonized jars idle for about a week, not the best idea but sometimes you gotta. The longer you keep them fully colonized the longer it will take them to colonize your spawn.

sin2win

ok now that my jars were almost a 100% but i shookem up 2 much, do i have to wait till it gets completely white again or just a day or 2 (since it was 100 everything should be done already)?

Off topic- when preparing the tub with the case mix and substrate, what sterilization techniques do u use?  gloves, glovebox<<< (i dont have one), disinfect the whole room?

p.s.
I had 3 jars and 2 of them were shook, the third is white as snow is it ook to mix with the other 2 (big tub) when the other 2 r done (which they already were, all inuculated at the same time)??
THX

sin2win

Quote from: sin2win on November 12, 2008, 11:10:39 AM
Off topic- when preparing the tub with the case mix and substrate, what sterilization techniques do u use?  gloves, glovebox<<< (i dont have one), disinfect the whole room?

Baphom3t

I have a small room that i close up and disinfect the shit out of.
Something like a closet will work.
A bathroom could work if there is no drafts and sterilized.

Baph