KSSS, truth or hype

Started by fungi, October 15, 2004, 10:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fungi

Browsing the various strains offered by the vendors, and one raves that the Thai Koh Samui Super Strain (KSSS) "....is the absolute best cubensis we have ever seen" Is it true that this strain is the fastest, most contam resistant and "To top it off, they yielded 40-50% more mushrooms compared to the highest yielding strains"?

If this is true, why would anyone even consider any other strain? I would love to hear about any ones experiences with KSSS.

anno

>Is it true that this strain is the fastest, most contam resistant and "To top it off, they
>yielded 40-50% more mushrooms compared to the highest yielding strains"?

Frankly, no.

IndiaShroomer

Agree with Anno, given the same growing conditions, most strains of cubensis will have a similar kind of yield, give or take a few percent points. The difference would be in the potency, or rather a difference in the combination of the active chemicals leading to a 'slightly different' trip for each strain.

Again, as far as potency goes, it is hardly the only reason to choose to grow a strain. My personal favourite cubensis strain is EQs (equadors); relatively contam resistant, easy to fruit in my growing conditions. Very nice ego dissolving trip, easy on the stomach. For the wife and me 'easy on the stomach' is a very important criterion, we would rather up a EQ dose by a couple of gms than have a nauseous come-on, where my stomach is roiled up on a small dose of some other 'more potent' strain.

IMO, vendors boasting of super strains and '40-50%' more yields are just plain lying. Yields will depend on the growing conditions and nutrient base you provide. Grow a few strains, including the 'KSSS' and find one you are most comfortable with and stick to it. To each, his(/her) own.

----------------------------
Seeing into Nothingness
This is the true seeing,
The eternal seeing
----------------------------

HolyDiver

replied in the wrong post, sorry.