from a few mushrooms, to growing....

Started by stormtide, November 23, 2008, 10:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormtide

I was wondering. I have a bag full of mushrooms I am about to enjoy. I have been online searching for about three hours now. I came across this site, helpful thanks!. Anyways I was wondering how to make a spore print from one of the caps of the mushrooms I got, then use that spore print to make my own clone batch of shrooms for my self. Is it possible to suck up/use the spores from the spore print and use them to make the batch?, how easy is that?.

Spore prints are illegal in my state, hence me not being able to have them shipped here. I was wondering if that would work using the spores from the current mushrooms I have and then making my own batch through rice cakes.

Anyways. Thank you all.

psilocybin warrior

If they are already dry then no, you cant make a spore print.  Mushrooms drop spores once the veil breaks and they still need to be moist in order to drop spores.  You can take the spores to make a syringe to innoculate spawn or substrate, then you can clone your healthiest mushroom from your grow using spores and a pitri dish.

Baphom3t

"I have a bag full of mushrooms I am about to enjoy."

Dry I am assuming.

"I have been online searching for about three hours now."

Takes alot more than 3 hours.

"I was wondering how to make a spore print from one of the caps of the mushrooms I got, then use that spore print to make my own clone batch of shrooms for my self."

Dry mushrooms WILL NOT give you spores or flesh to clone.
You need alot more researching than just 3 hrs.
Cloning is not easy for people that have not even attempted their first grow with cakes or grains.
If you truly want your own supply, I suggest you start here http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek

Beings you live in a bad state I can't really help you in any other way.

Baph