jar storage

Started by anti-babylon, November 23, 2008, 03:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anti-babylon

hi guys i have inoculated 7 glass with a spore sirynge made by me off hawaian spore.
The question his : i have put the glass into a plastic box and then on my radiator. i also have put a
termometer that calculate the temp. INSIDE the box and outside the box
So i have cheked the temp. after a few hours and was 27 in e 31 outside .
My doubt is that,  the AIR temperature is 27 inside , but the real temperature is way too high becouse the glass jar , (i havd touch it) are ,i think, too hot....and they are seat on the hot plastic.
what did you think about it?

Thanks in advance
bye!

psilocybin warrior

Sorry but I can't really understand what your saying, jars should be kept around 76-85 degrees to be safe.

anti-babylon

yes warrior i was speaking about celsius temperature not farhanait so its the same.
The problem is that i think that the jar left on the radiator are more than 27 celsius d temperature
this becouse im NOT using the 2 plastic box with water but im using the RADIATOR.
Sorry if i can make me understand well.....in a few words im thinking that my jars are too hot, the termometer inside show 27 c°  but i think is more than that becouse he calcuate the air!! , instead the jar are more expose to the heat of the radiator.
Did you understand my worries?
i dont now if to leave them on the radiotor or to store it in another place.....

sin2win

u could just throw them in the closet, thats what i did.  It might take a little slower but it will colinize for sure

anti-babylon

ok you are saying that is better to keep them at stable temperature instead of make them go 27° on the day and at night 22°?
i don t now if i will grow any mushroom....its seems  diffcult to me....i always cultivate cannabis but this its completly different!!!

its alll about patience....last time i get only one jar completly colonized....by mold...
i hope to have at least one of them colonized.....so i can make again spore prints.

sin2win

yes patiance is good, but being sterile is key.
GL with ure project.

Trips509

I understand what you are asking. Since the jars are sitting in the plastic box and then on your radiator they will be hotter than the surrounding air. Instead of putting the box on top of the radiator (which is bad because it might melt the plastic) just put the box near the radiator but no touching it.

anti-babylon

thank you for the answer guys....and shit i have discovered...that i have keept my jar at something like...33 ° even.....37°  celsius.....!!!that its very hot....iv messd up reading the temperature becouse i  was misteking the IN e the OUT  temperature........

did i have fuckd up all my work? i keep it there for 3 days
.....shit! :angry:

Baphom3t

"33 ° even.....37°  celsius"

For how long?
Being on top of a radiator for 3 days!!!
Odds are, they have reached close to thermal death.
Thermal death occurs at 104 degrees F. (40 C.)

Next time after you innoculate you should just put the jars on a shelf in you closet,or, put a stack of tubs and place the jars on them in your closet,or,you can take a tub and put on the floor of your closet and place the jars in there ;)
See what I'm getting at  ^_^

You do not need to add extra heat during colonization.
Normal room temps. will work just fine 21 - 24 C.

Baph

anti-babylon

thanks for the info baph ...i hope i didnt kill the spore........
shit...i will let you know if i have some improvement  in a week.....
..i wanna grow it!!!!
ps :does the jar have to stay at completely dark for this period?
still thanks for helping guys..im very...denied.... :rolleyes:

psilocybin warrior

lol sorry I was useless, it was that darn strawberry diesel.

anti-babylon

hey guys....im fucking sad.....this is the second time that i coltivate mush.....and also this time....for now i v got only one jar with something inside......it isnt green but it seems mould....becouse its fluffy
not like the photo on the TEk were you can see a hard white micelyum........
could be mycelium? i wil post some photo soon...... byeez

anti-babylon

ei guys!!! is that miceluym in the photos? by looking other post im thinking YES!! -_- -_-
http://i38.tinypic.com/r8z6op.jpg

anti-babylon

psilocybin warrior

Yes, thats def. mycelium. congrats!

anti-babylon

ok...!!!! the problem is that i have get only one jar inculated welll.....but im happy  the same!
so now i have to leave it there until i will see some pins right?
thanks guys

psilocybin warrior

yeah you could leave it out somewhere in a room where it will get some indirect sunlight and leave it there for a couple days n you should start seein some pins

anti-babylon

allright! that cake it isnt all completly colonized so i have to wait another week a
i think....but anyway i remember i have another cake completley colonized from the other growing attempt !!
i have lefted in the dark for something like ....2 month.... becouse i was thinking it was mold...
can i recuperate some mushroom from that jar? do i have to reidratate the cake or something?
let me know ! thanks for helping :ph34r:

anti-babylon

what is this shit?!
did i get my jar infected? i think so.....

psilocybin warrior

can i recuperate some mushroom from that jar? do i have to reidratate the cake or something?

> If its too all moldy you might be able to pull some fruit out if you dunk and roll it.