No Pinns

Started by ezdunnit, November 27, 2008, 04:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ezdunnit

This is my second attempt and no pinns. After full colonization of B+ in 1/2 pint jars I let them set for about 5 days. I dunk and rolled put on aluminum foil and set in a tote with perilite and holes drilled. Fan twice a day and make sure the perilite is moist. It has been about 11 or 12 days now and absolutely no pinning. My first attemp never did pinn. My source went out of business so I am attempting to produce my self. I don't know what to do. I need some help. I have almost given up hope.
(''''ezdunnit'''')

k12357

whats your temp, and humidity?   you need around 74 degrees Fahrenheit, and as close to 100% humidity as possible.  they also need a little light to stimulate pinning.  the light from a window during the day is sufficient.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

sin2win

i say be patiant, also w/ cakes <<<never did em) u should mayb wait 4 pinning when their still in the jar..

ezdunnit

If you don't use cakes what do you use and how do you use it? Like I said this is my first attempt. I have syringes with 4 more different strains that I'm going to try in the near future. Any suggestions? I've watched videos, read up, and everything else. Still no fruit!!! I'm desperate..... Want to come over for dinner & show me how its done? ha ha  I am open for all suggestions. and Thanks
(''''ezdunnit'''')

Baphom3t

Give your cakes more time.
Cakes can take upto 4 weeks and sometimes a bit longer.
What is your RH?

Baph

psilocybin warrior

Yeah what conditions are they in? temps? rh? are they dried out? how much light? Ive had puerto ricans take over 1 month to start pinning, but when they did boy let me tell ya it was worth the wait.

ezdunnit

- I have the cakes set on aluminum foil on top of perilite. temp is right at 75 - 78 deg. F. Humidity is 100%. I have the cakes in a clear tote with holes drilled which is set on a cookie sheet about 1/2 inch deep that I keep filled with warm water so the perilite stays moist. the perilite is nice and moist not floating in water. For light they get the natural light that comes in 2 small windows in my basement. I have been reading about a rye seed and water method that I might be trying if this don't work. Thanks for everyones suggestions keep em coming I appreciate all the advice I can get.
(''''ezdunnit'''')

sin2win

if ure having troublw w/ the cakes u'd prob have more troulblw w/ grains.
Be patiant and make sure u get the PF tek done before u start the grains IMO.
GL  :mellow:

ezdunnit

Well now Im starting to get a black or blue color all over my cakes. Im gona send some pictures later so you all can see and tell me whats up if possible. They still smell great. I don't know what Im doing wrong. I guess trial and error is the best teacher tho. I'm getting ready to start some Golden Teacher Im gona follow the tek to the T. Hopefully I will have better luck this time. I am open for all suggestions guys and Thanks again.
(''''ezdunnit'''')

neophytic

You may not be giving them enough light- consider setting up a cool white florescent for up to 12 hours a day as recommended here: http://www.iplayerhd.com/player/5ef65f4c-423c-41fe-9ae2-32e3236d6e96.aspx

ezdunnit

I set up a light as recommended and guess what? I started pinning and they are ALL now just going crazy! Thanx everyone for all of your suggestions. I just started some Golden Teachers. Hope they turn out as well.
(''''ezdunnit'''')

psilocybin warrior

Very nice and congrats, a little patience and right amt of light go a long way. Post some pics for everyone to see if they turn out pretty  ^_^