unique terrarium

Started by Dub, November 30, 2008, 08:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dub

my terrarium is a 30 gallon tank with 5 plants in it (fern, marguerite, moss, and two other tropicals) set up as a little science experiment to see if the plants will counterbalance the fungi by releasing Oxygen and using the CO2 released by the fungi. i also have an anole lizard named herb in there, so he needs 14 hours of direct light. for this i have a flourescent bulb over the tank which i turn off when i go to bed and on when i wake up. so my question is this, what is the most light fungus can recieve to still yield well? i have been brainstorming ways to somehow shade the fungi (since they will be in the back and the plants are in front) maybe with alluminum foil, but if anyone has any ideas i could really dig it and it would help a lot. i have about two more weeks until my jars are fully colonized

sin2win

better hope u're lizard dont start munching the mushies ^_^!!! LMAO!! some places say to have 12 on and 12 off w/ the light but i have a lot less than that <<<< 1st time.
The plant thing ure doing, i heard it works and i think its a great idea... GL

BTW, r u doing the PF tek?

Dub

yeah im doing the pf tek method. i have twelve 4 oz jars that i innoculated 8 days ago with B+ strain from www.micro-supply.com. all but one have mycelial growth. do you put lights on your mushies? i am curious to see how it affects them