PW or Baph

Started by sin2win, December 02, 2008, 08:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

Well as u all seen i was a bit succesful with my 1st grow but not fully :angry:

I want to make a lot of improvements and 1st i think i should start w/ FAE... Whats a easy autamated FAE setupp for a rubbermaid bin (PW i remember u saying somthing bout a fan or even air pump, im open to all) fanning wasnt doing it 4 me lol.

Then for the RH, whats the best way to keep it where u want it (rubbermaid bin), how would u set it up, stick w/ the perlite?

1 more thing,  does the first flush affect the next flushes. in other words, my 1st flush was small and not very good, if i improve the FAE and RH would the 2nd be perfect?? -_-

THX guys...oh yea last 1 lol, do any of u recommend putting a little verm w/ wbs when making the jars?

psilocybin warrior

To answer most of ur questions, just buy an ultra sonic. Also, I've had 2nd flushes bigger than the first, try to dunk your casing it might improve the quality. Also, don't put any verm in with WBS.

PW

sin2win

ok so a ultra sonic humidifier, then take out the perlite? 
When using this gow long do i keep it on, just watch the RH and shut it off when it reaches the level i want?
This wouldnt take care of the FAE tho, right?
For a FAE should i have a fan and dryer hose type set up maybe, with a timer? or do u rec. a air pump (like aquarium)?
Also do reccomned a florecent light over the FC?  THX

Im going to wal mart later so i have to make a list before i go, hopefully wal mart will supply everything, i luv saving money lol.  Do u get ure timers from wal mart or like a home depot?

psilocybin warrior

Yes when you get the ultra take out the perlite, you can set it to maintain the RH on its own and it will also take care of FAE.  A flourecent light will work fine it doesn't have to be super close to it tho.  I only use a separate timer for my lights.

sin2win

OK cool so just the ultra and no fan or anything, got it. 
Ive been reading diff methods for hours and hours and i always come back here to make sure their ok lol  -_-
The light that i was looking at was a flourecent aquarium light (wal mart) its small but should be suffient.  i will have that on a timer but ure saying the ultra is ok without one??

-1 more thing, do i set it up with a hose running to the FC, right? 1 hose will do?  how big of a hose, just reg size or like a dryer hose?

PS.
PW i think i remember u saying u use wbs, when preping it, do u rinse then soak for 24hrs, then cook for 20 min or so, rinse again then.... what do u do? i read dif methods on how to "dry" them.  Do u just leave them in a colander for some time or lay them out on a towel?  THX bro much appritiated!!

sin2win

i didnt c a ultra sonic but i got a cool mist humidifier like this 1 here http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10554694
will this work or do i nned the ultra, its not a problem if i do need it, ill get it   -_-
btw this is the 1 im looking at http://www.target.com/Vicks-Ultrasonic-Humidifier-V-5100-N/dp/B000ILHMY8/sr=1-5/qid=1228365482/ref=sr_1_5/176-7040003-9942409?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aultra%20sonic&page=1

also, what size hose do u recommend, i jhave a big one almost a inch, i read that thats 2 big... what do u think?

Baphom3t

I'm not to sure of those 2.
The one from wal-mart looks like one that would be better for fae.
I've never used the second one before.
I looked through the second link and found this.
http://www.target.com/dp/B000JGCQSY/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=1ERC8YD7J7ZWWH9CX9RC&pf_rd_p=445877401&pf_rd_i=B000JGCQSY&pf_rd_s=bottom-5&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5101

That's exactly the one I use,it produces a nice cool foggy mist.
I use it in my greenhouse. :)

Baph

sin2win

ok cool, so that 1 u found is good for both RH and FAE? 
im going to get it, what kind of setup do u have? 1 or 2 hoses and about what size hose is ideal?
remember this for my rubbermaid bin, but even if its 2 much for it, im already trying to start setting up a GH.

thx bro

UPDATE: ok i ordered the 1 u provided baph.  While i wait for it to come, after my dunk what do u suggest i do for FAE. Somthing temporary and small (besides faning lol).  Also, do u put a layer of case mix after the dunk?
how long do u drain, in other words how wet can it be?

sin2win

Baph, can u go a little into how u have the setup set up?  If u can tell me the size of the hoses or have a pic thatll be great.
Also, i bought a air pump (aquarium 30-60 gal) but im not sure if it neccasary??  i have a timer but u can only have 6 prog's on it.  If the air goes on every 4 hrs say for 5-10 min, would that be good for FAE?

Baphom3t

"so that 1 u found is good for both RH and FAE?"

I just use mine for RH and use another for FAE.

"what kind of setup do u have?"

I have a indoor greenhouse.

"1 or 2 hoses and about what size hose is ideal?"

My ultrasonic sits inside my greenhouse so I don't use a hose on it.
My FAE humdifier just has clear plastic rolled to the diameter of that humidifiers blow hole,( lack of better word)attached by duct tape,and then I cut out that same diameter at the top of my greenhouse and attached the hose via duct tape.
In other words I made my own hose.
I don't have any pics of my setup.

"do u put a layer of case mix after the dunk?"

For trays you put the casing on and wait for a flush,after your 1st flush you dunk.You can patch the holes left from the 1st flush but it's not really a nesessity,I've done it both ways and not notice any real differeance.

"how long do u drain,in other words how wet can it be?"

Until the water comes out.It will be wet but it will quickly dry up once you put it back in your FC.Just do your best to drain out as much of the water from the dunk.

"Baph, can u go a little into how u have the setup set up?"

Scroll upto the question you asked about the hoses,I describe a little how my green house is set up.

"If the air goes on every 4 hrs say for 5-10 min, would that be good for FAE?"

My FAE kicks on every 2hrs. for 5 mins.
Sometimes you will have to make adjustments,but thats part of the game.

Edit: If you have a pc fan you can use that for FAE,other than that you'll have to do it by hand.

Baph

sin2win

cool thx, 1 more q, i got a florecent light and im going to have it to a timer.
how much light do YOU give the mushies?  do u have it go on every couple hoours for some time or do u just have it on for 12 on 12 off?

psilocybin warrior

They say anywhere from 2-12 is sufficient, I usually do 5-8 hours and that seems to work pretty well for ME.  Since mushrooms are a fungus they do not require as much light as a plant, they really only need light to give the fruits a direction to start growing.

sin2win

yea i know, i was giving mine around the same 5-8 but i heard ppl have it on for like a hr every 2 or somthing, do u give it 5-8 straight hrs or set a timer to go say 4 dif times?

psilocybin warrior

I let it go 5-8 straight thru during the day.