Started cakes about 1 month ago

Started by Rapid_Recoil, December 05, 2008, 11:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapid_Recoil

OK Guys I am kinda new at this I read the forums all the time. Me and a buddy started growing these about a month ago. I got the spores from Ralphsters they seemed liked a good place to go with. We got the Ralphsters choice. We are doing golden teachers, using the cake method. The seemed to be cruising but the last few days they don't seem to be doing much we have them in a closet with a space heater they were nice in white but now are turning clear. Could they maybe have gotten to hot and now are dying?
                            Thanks Rapid

psilocybin warrior

Whats the heater temp? an how close is it to the jars? How colonized are they?

Rapid_Recoil

The Temp on the space heater was at 80 F I just went and looked at them today they look like they are at a stand still I injected them on 11/13/08 They had like 1 inch left to being fully colonized. We turned the heat down to 70 F since they are in a closet in cardboard boxes and wrapped with a blanket

psilocybin warrior

The contents of ur jar are always 4 degrees warmer, I usually keep my inc. at 77-78.  Is it underneath the jars that have not colonized? Because what happens with PF-tek a lot is once their sterilized and innoc. all that weight puts a lot of pressure on the bottom off the jar almost leaving no room for growth.  If this is the situation hold the jars upside down and knock on the bottoms like youd knock on a door until the cake seperates from the bottom of the jar and keep them upside down to finish colonizing.  If thats not the case, be patient.