newbie questions

Started by jrfungi, December 06, 2008, 06:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrfungi

OK guys I am new to this hobby and have a few questions. I used the PF TEK, BRF cakes, with and Ecuador strain. Inoculated cakes 10-21 (pretty sure I added too much water and caused slow colonization). These cakes were dunked and rolled, FC temp 75-78, pretty sure RH is high, They were birthed 12-3.

I read somewhere that if you had moisture on all 4 sides and the lid you were around 100% RH. I bought a gauge and it will not get above 90%. Could it be wrong?

The cakes have a very rapind white growth that does not look like any other pics i have seen before. Is this contam or just the MIC taking over the dry verm? Notice in the pic that it looks like small cottom balls.

Here are a few extra pics just to see if i am being paranoid or if this is all normal. Thanks in advance for answers, advice, and criticism. Love the site!!

k12357

most likely your hygrometer is right is right.  i have a digital one right now that wont read off of the "outside" probe.  and i thought it was wrong for a long time.  but i dont think that is normal.  everything looks fine with the growth.  looks like every cake ive ever dunked and rolled.  just be patient and youll have shrooms in no time.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

psilocybin warrior

Boil a pot of water and put it into a spray bottle and when it cools spray down your perlite and see if that will increase RH.