Your thoughts on the best Shroom

Started by drunkendeath, October 21, 2004, 12:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkendeath

Hey I have been gathering information on growing shrooms for some time now and I was wanting some insite about which shrooms grow the fastest, are very potent, dont cause that much nausia, and are contam restistant. Please take in mind that considering the location I am currently at i have to keep my growing hush hush. If their is anyone that can help me please post telling me so. And to add on this subject you may need to go into some detail because i have never taken shrooms nor have i ever growed them.

HolyDiver

Saying you want the "fastest growing" and "most potent" shroom is like looking for a car that gets 50mpg and can still compete on the drag strips.  Don't limit yourself to just growing characteristics, you might lose out on other attributes of the strain.   Sure, contaminant resistance and fast growing are nice characteristics, but I'd rather take a few extra days and get the strain I want.

Have heard lots of good things about Golden Teachers, trying them next. Anyone else experimented with these yet?

IndiaShroomer

Golden teachers are nice, but slow in colonization.
My personal favorites are EQ, they fulfill the 'easy on the stomach' quality.
----------------------------
Seeing into Nothingness
This is the true seeing,
The eternal seeing
----------------------------

psilly

For what it's worth, I think that the SUPPLIER and the cleanliness of the quality of their strains in general are much more important than which specific strain you're working with.  Spores harvested on a filthy kitchen counter are going to produce much higher contamination rates, and since they have to compete harder against other organisms, you're going to see fewer flushes and smaller individual shrooms.

The first batch of shrooms that I PF-Tek'd were Golden Teachers.  LOVED THEM!  Yes, they take a while to colonize... but they also seemed to keep on going, flush after flush after lovely flush!

Eager to work with another strain, I ordered a syringe of B+ from one supplier and a syringe of Blue Meanies from another.  Both were ok, but nothing like the volume and potency that I was getting with the Teachers.  The Blue Meanies were particularly hounded by contams, which confused me a bit because I didn't change anything.

Thinking that the Golden Teacher strain was obviously superior to the other two that I'd tried, I ordered some more GT from yet another supplier.  These spores were awful!  Only four cakes out of twenty colonized at all, and I lost three of them to contamination.  The sole surviving cake produced one hefty flush and two so-so flushes before running dry.  Again, I didn't change ANYTHING from my previous attempts.

I was starting to think that maybe my first batch were a serious case of beginner's luck, that all of the precautions I'd taken hadn't really been enough.  Then it dawned on me that maybe I was just working with better product the first time around.  I grudgingly ordered Golden Teacher and Ecuador strains from the original supplier (the one I got the original Teachers from), and VIOLA!  Huge flushes, incredible potency, not much of a problem with contams.  I've been using the same supplier for a while now, have experimented a few more of their strains, and had no significant problems to speak of.

That's my take, anyway. :ph34r:

OpenEye

i just ordered some of my first syringes, i just got Berma strain, Cabensis, anyone have an opinion on those? has anyone checked out sporebank.com? any clue if thats a good vendor.... :blink:

anno

>i just got Berma strain,
Burma?

>Cabensis,
cubensis?

>anyone have an opinion on those?
They are a good strain.

>has anyone  checked out sporebank.com? any clue if thats a good vendor....

They are a reseller with good products, but steep prices.
I have heard an occasional complaint about their service.

Check out http://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php for a list of reliable vendors .

OpenEye

thx... im looking forward to what i have coming to me then  :D

and thx for the link...

dawiz

QuoteSaying you want the "fastest growing" and "most potent" shroom is like looking for a car that gets 50mpg and can still compete on the drag strips.  Don't limit yourself to just growing characteristics, you might lose out on other attributes of the strain.   Sure, contaminant resistance and fast growing are nice characteristics, but I'd rather take a few extra days and get the strain I want.

Have heard lots of good things about Golden Teachers, trying them next. Anyone else experimented with these yet?
[snapback]470[/snapback]
Just  harvested my first flush of Teachers this weekend. I love em. No visiuals but I had a great time. I couldnt wipe the smile off my face and was just strong enough to get me off without me locking myself in a room.

psilly

QuoteSaying you want the "fastest growing" and "most potent" shroom is like looking for a car that gets 50mpg and can still compete on the drag strips.? Don't limit yourself to just growing characteristics, you might lose out on other attributes of the strain.?  Sure, contaminant resistance and fast growing are nice characteristics, but I'd rather take a few extra days and get the strain I want.

[snapback]470[/snapback]
Just  harvested my first flush of Teachers this weekend. I love em. No visiuals but I had a great time. I couldnt wipe the smile off my face and was just strong enough to get me off without me locking myself in a room.
[snapback]577[/snapback]

You just gotta love Golden Teachers.  Yeah, so maybe they aren't as big or as potent as some of the other strains... but they're absolutely perfect if you're looking for a mellow time without stomach cramps or nausea!

joker_66599

QuoteSaying you want the "fastest growing" and "most potent" shroom is like looking for a car that gets 50mpg and can still compete on the drag strips.? Don't limit yourself to just growing characteristics, you might lose out on other attributes of the strain.?? Sure, contaminant resistance and fast growing are nice characteristics, but I'd rather take a few extra days and get the strain I want.

[snapback]470[/snapback]
[snapback]577[/snapback]

You just gotta love Golden Teachers.  Yeah, so maybe they aren't as big or as potent as some of the other strains... but they're absolutely perfect if you're looking for a mellow time without stomach cramps or nausea!
[snapback]725[/snapback]
how much GT you take?

conibear

A very potent var. is the cyanescens, but you can't use the  brf cake method....I have tried several strains , their all great  the effect they have is different in everybody, try one, make a syringe to keep, move on to the next one....I make a mushroom tea using shrooms+green tea and a little honey.......conibear

anno

P. cyanescens is an own species.
It requires cold temperatures to fruit. Are you sure you had P. cyanescens?

turbolacis

Quote from: OpenEye on November 22, 2004, 08:25:47 PM
i just ordered some of my first syringes, i just got Berma strain, Cabensis, anyone have an opinion on those? has anyone checked out sporebank.com? any clue if thats a good vendor.... :blink:

A week ago i made an order in the Sporebank! My card was debited but the paying wizard said that the order is failed! I tried to communicate with them but they didn't answer! also i have read a lot of negative references about them! I would not trust Sporebank. Luckily i got my money back!   :ph34r:
Living is easy with your eyes closed.