Can you overwater pf cakes

Started by sTAYhIGH4:20, December 08, 2008, 04:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sTAYhIGH4:20

I started 3 B+ glass jars on Nov 4. 2008. All look great, about 85% colonized. i used the finest grade vermiculite possible....only because it was all i could get at the time. Any way none show signs of mold but  one has water visible rolling along the bottom of the jar. That happens to be the most colonized jar also. Does any one have any experiance with water on the bottom of thier cakes. 

Baphom3t

Two possible reasons.
1. The sub was made to wet
2. Metabolites
If they looked fine before you innoc'd them odds are it's Metabolites,some people call it Myc Piss, but mycelium don't piss.  -_-

Baph

First off thanks for replying. i read a few of the forums and saw a few pictures of jars you had, and they looked really good. So i looked up Metabolites and  Im not not sure if they are a good thing or a bad thing.  Will the Metabolites cause mold or any problems you know of.

Baphom3t

Metabolites are basicly a bi-product of the mycelium.
It is a normal process.

Baph

Cool.  I was worried alittle, but like I said that cake was the best i have. I think i read  in a thread maybe you wrote in, saying that if you were having problems with colonizing the bottom of the jar to tap it until it slid off the glass. Then to leave it upside down until it was ready to birth. Well i did it and it seemed to work well, but was that a good idea or not. Should i also do the other two jars since i did one.

Baphom3t

PW was the one that did that.
I have never turned my jars upside down.

"Should i also do the other two jars since i did one."

Here's a chance to do what all of us in this hobby has done.
Make it a expeirement :)
Leave the other 2 be and that one turned upside down and see which works best then apply that to your next attempt. :)

Baph