low temp in FC?

Started by sin2win, December 16, 2008, 10:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

well i just seen right now the temp in my FC is 66 f...  Is this ok, i know its a bit low?  should i bring up the temp w/ some heater?

psilocybin warrior

Do what you can to try and get that temp up atleast 8 more degree's.

PW

sin2win

yea i know i do, but the problem is when i go to work or osmthing, i dont want to leave my big heater on for 2 long cuz 1. it will get 2 hot and 2. might burn some shit in my closet lol.

So i do get it up but id drops back down... if it bounces up and down like 5-8 deg. will it effect it at all.  Will it still fruit well if its at say 68??  DANM winter in Chicago lol!!!

neophytic

What I use is a space heater with an automatic shut-off. It seems to keep the closet in just about the right range, although it is running most of the time since the closet is not very well insulated and it's below zero outside here.

Might be worthwhile for you to look into something like that yourself; when sticking space heaters in closets in cramped conditions, it's probably best to have one with some safety features anyway.

sin2win

lol yea i know SAFETY FIRST!! but i spent so much money already i dont think ill get 1, since i already have some kind of heater.  ill just have to be carful.  too bad my little 1 broke (fan).

psilocybin warrior

Yeah Sin I know how u feel I'm dealing with the same shit, I can't wait for the Ice storm tonight!... Do you have any automatic timers for lights lying around? if not you could get one pretty cheap at meijer ive got a space heater plugged into one so it goes on around 20 minutes every hour.

PW

fattrout

Yep having the same problem even out here on the west coast.  My temp has been dropping to abot 68 at night but during the day will climb back up to 72-73 and I'm using fish tank heaters and tererium heaters to control the temps.  Even with our 'cold' snap having a hard timet getting the temp back up to 72 at times.
Also noticed a drop in RH due to the dropping temps I believe.  Anyways cakes look ok in fruiting chambers I guess we know what wine makers go through keeping their grapes warm..LOL ^_^
fattrout