fans or holes?

Started by lostcause1138, December 18, 2008, 12:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostcause1138

will a small hole(s) in the bottom of the fc be enough for air exchange, or is a fan or manually fanning myself mandatory?

Baphom3t

Depends on your setup.
For tubs you can use a pc fan , or mannually fan them.
I don't put holes in tubs.

Baph

psilocybin warrior

Yep, U  could take a 7$ pc or hd fan and wire it to an old 12 volt charger of some sort and stick it to some PVC stuffed with polyfill plugged into a timer.

PW

spindrifter

I hear you about holes, Baph. But fanning kind of makes me nervous, too. I'm thinking about using an aquarium air pump with a filter and running it for an hour a day on a timer. They move about 1.3 L/min. Just need 2 holes: inlet for the hose, and outlet hole with a cigarette filter stuck in it.

psilocybin warrior

Aquarium air pumps are pretty weak IMO, I think a cig filter might be too much for them.

PW

fattrout

hey
i am fairly new but check these out. i been running 3 diff FC and two of them i use a small aquariium pump with just a couple of small holes at the top of the FC about 1/4 inch dia.  so far so good.  i just leave them run constantly. btw, i have about 2 inches of perlite in each with about 3/4 inch water.  then the other chamber i have geolite on the bottom and run a tropic aire humidifier air exchanger and that runs constantly and so far that works for me.   good luck
fattrout

fattrout

jrfungi

Thos ellok great man I am jealous!!!! I am trying hard but they dont look like yours.

psilocybin warrior

If you're going to make holes make 1/4 inch ones like his along the bottom and same size holes on the top with polyfill, if you plan on using perlite as well.

PW

Azurascender

Gorgeous samples fattrout, so which one of your three FC methods work the best for you?
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....