For my next trick...

Started by neophytic, December 19, 2008, 08:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neophytic

I knocked up 8 BRF jars with A-Strain. I was wondering what would be suggested to increase potency and yield of this next grow? I understand I could cases the cakes, and that should increase the yield.

I'm just wondering if there's any other teks that would be recommended.

psilocybin warrior

There are a lot of options it's all what will work best for you.  You could case, mono-tub, growbag etc.  Potency relys on the conditions in which they are grown.  Casing will increase the yeild, but a monotub would more so.  In my experience believe it or not Mono-tubs with wbs and strait verm work incredibly well(as far as yeild), id assume just as well with pf.  Yeild depends alot on the surface area of the sub, so I guess take it from there.

PW

neophytic

Just to understand you correctly, you're saying that potency is really only affected by growing conditions (temp, RH and FAE)?

Also, would you be able to point me in the direction on some info on monotub teks? I spend at least an hour or two a day scouring Shroomery.org for information, but sometimes it's hard to find solid tek walk-throughs.

Thanks!

psilocybin warrior

Just to understand you correctly, you're saying that potency is really only affected by growing conditions (temp, RH and FAE)?

> Not only effected, but it plays a major role.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=faq&Number=5442167&Searchpage=1&Main=5276282&Words=+Carlito&topic=&Search=true#Post5442167

It really isn't all THAT complicated so its unlikely to find more detailed instructions than these.

PW

sin2win

Yea thats the 1 im probably going to use and if u were at the shroomery there is tons of teks on monos.  That 1s pretty simple, r u going to use bulk or anything? (can u even spawn with cakes?).  im going to spawn my grains to coir (80% coir 20% coffe*) well c what happens.  unfortunatly my jars i think r going to shit (had 6) so results will be delayed. 

Im going to do a few LC's using the baby bottles... How do u all do em?  the jars a suppose to colinize ywice as fast... well c.  :mellow:

*try this coffe thing, lots of ppl use it and i heard nothing but good things soooo

neophytic

I'm going to have to a bit more research before I figure out what I'm going to do, but the monotub tek looks definitely easy enough. Going to have to figure out what to use as the bulk substrate; I think anything (at least poo, straw or coir) is going to be hard to find locally here this time of year, so I may order some of the bulk substrates available online. Any suggestions?

Also, I *think* you can spawn with crumbled BRF cakes, if I'm not mistaken.

But like I said, lots more research ahead for this guy. I'll make sure to check out that coffee tek too.

psilocybin warrior

BRF will for for spawn, just slower colonization.  I have a great place for pre-pasturized dookie/straw, it just takes them a while to process your order and ship it.  Ill message u a link.

sin2win

u can get coir at pet stores (pet smart, petco, etc) its reptile bedding.  I got mine at petsmart i think.  if not than def get it at any reptile store for sure.

Hey PW can u PM me that link to bro, thx a lot man.

k12357

If there are any stables in your area, they are usually more than happy to get rid of as much horse shit as you can take with you.   chech to see if there are any riding stables around you, at state parks or anything like that.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

neophytic

Quote from: k12357 on December 20, 2008, 04:50:20 AM
If there are any stables in your area, they are usually more than happy to get rid of as much horse shit as you can take with you.   chech to see if there are any riding stables around you, at state parks or anything like that.

I'm sure there are... However, I'm likely not going to trudge through two feet of snow and freezing temps searching for poop. It's totally worth 20 bux to me to order some online and stay warm and dry at home.

psilocybin warrior

yeah mos def, pasturizing and finding straw this time of year is not pleasant eithr.

PW

Baphom3t

ahh, come on where's the fun in staying at home?  ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Baph