Plan for next grow.

Started by sin2win, December 09, 2008, 07:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

ok, so im going to continue to case my grains but also im giving somthing else a try.
Im going to do a monotube and do a bulk coir spawned by rye.  I have a couple q's...

1st with the rye, (Baph im pretty sure u do rye, do u do anything different?)

-soak for 12-24hrs     -rinse     -simmer for 30 min      -pc...    is that right?

2nd, a monotube is supposed to take care of its own RH and FAE is that right?  Also, does the size of a monotube matter, can it be TOO big??  Do u rec. mixing a lil bit of coffee 2??

OFF TOPIC-
about how long can u keep a master LC in the fridge for?

Baphom3t

http://www.fungifun.org/English/Grain-For-Simple-Minds

That's pretty much how I do it.
I don't mess with tubs very often so I am pretty useless there.
Just like anything else, there is a diminishing point to any size grow, so yes you can make it to big.
I've never added coffee to any of my grows
I make LC batches and use them right then and there,I don't store them.

Baph

sin2win

ok cool, do u add gypsum or anything?  Any additives?

psilocybin warrior

2nd, a monotube is supposed to take care of its own RH and FAE is that right?  Also, does the size of a monotube matter, can it be TOO big??  Do u rec. mixing a lil bit of coffee 2??

-Depends, are you going to cut holes to fill with polyfill?

about how long can u keep a master LC in the fridge for?

- I have no idea I guess atleast a month? I use mine right away and started making lc's from a lc' because that goes pretty damn fast and keeps it strong and fresh.

-Gypsum is optional, I don't find it necessary.

sin2win

yes PW, im going to cut 4 holes (right above the bulk and then a couple at the top)

psilocybin warrior

Whats the size of your rubber maid? 4 holes on the sides should be enough because you want to maintain the RH level and too many holes might give you problems. Mine are 22x13x12 and ive got 4 total holes on the 2 each on longest sides that are about 5-6 inches in diameter. I hope that helps. Ive never heard of coffee being used so I wouldn't recommend it, but only because I have no knowledge of it.

PW

sin2win

thx pw, once i get my bins i might ask u for a rec. for the holes, when i have the dimensions and all.

The coffee btw i been reading a bit about is pretty intresting...  People soak their grains in half water and half coffee water, thats supposed to be giving it nitrogen and speeds up the growth from the caffine... :huh: but pretty intresting.  They also add it like 80% coir and 20% coffee (spent or unspent) for the bulk.  All of this is from the shroomery (the forum part).  its also somthing bout the ph. coffee is like 7 or somthing.

psilocybin warrior

Hmm....very interesting, Ill have to try that out.  Thanks for the info Sin.

PW

jrfungi

PW? How far up this tub are the holes?

What are you using for RH?

I have this container with the "poor man pod" set up and I have 2 7/8 holes on the short sides and about 7 1/4 holes on the long sides. They are filled with poly fill and my RH is staying 99%.

So i guess I need to cut two holes on each long side much bigger?

What handles the FAE?

Do I need a fan or does it just do it with the polyfil?

If you dont mind give me a detailed FC tek for my first casing....

Thanks for the help!

psilocybin warrior

PW? How far up this tub are the holes?

-Make the holes within 1 inch from where you plan on having the top of you sub.

What are you using for RH?

-Mono-tubs maintain their own RH

Do I need a fan or does it just do it with the polyfil?

- You don't need to, but it never hurts.

What handles the FAE?

- Holes stuffed with polyfill allow the gas exchange.

So i guess I need to cut two holes on each long side much bigger?

- Seems so.

sorry if I missed anything im tryin out a new strain getting shpongled ^_^ :huh:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/dosearch.php?terms=fruiting+chambers

PW

jrfungi

Thanks dude

you are the best!!!