Thanks to All!!!

Started by pinkstar, December 21, 2008, 05:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkstar

Hi! I've spent a lot of time on this site and you guys have helped me a lot. Every question I've had I've been able to find the answers here. So this is a thanks to everyone. I may have not been the one posting the questions but all the answers have helped. I'm new to this hobby, and I'm so excited now that my first flush is almost ready to be picked. So thanks again!!! ^_^

psilocybin warrior

pinkstar

I havent took any pics yet but I should. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

:huh: Does anyone have a good tek for LC?  I'm thought I would give it go for next time. Thanks!

psilocybin warrior

What do you wan't to use for your innoculant of the LC?

pinkstar

I have about 2cc left of a spore syringe, that I wanted to use.

psilocybin warrior

Perfect, all you need to do to make two lc's is....

Get 2 1/2pint widemouth canning jars
Clear silicone (you can find in the auto department at meijer/walmart/ etc.)
Karo light corn syrup. (be sure to get the clear bottle with the red lable that says Karo Original Light corn syrup with real vanilla)

-What you do is punch a hole with a nail kinda off to the side on the lid

-then on the bottom and top of the hole cover it with silicone (a pretty good amt so its like a little moutain)

- Once that dry's fill the jars with 96ml of water and 4cc's of Karo and mix it around real nice until its dissolved

some people put broken glass or marbles in the jar to because after a while it gets pretty thick and it helps break up the myclium. But I use wires and a magnetic stirrer but ill tell u about that later if u want.

- After you put ur broken glass or marble in put the lids back on and pc for exactly 20 minutes at 15 psi (start the timer once 15psi is reached)

-Then wait till they cool down ALL THE WAY before you innoculate 1cc per 1/2pint jar. But don't innoculate the jars if the liquid inside is not clear, if it has a off yellowish or tan tint that means it carmalized a little bit.  But 20 minutes at 15 psi ive found to be near flawless.

PW

sin2win

PW, i was going to use honey isntead of Karo... do u recommend karo over honey? also i was going to do the baby bottle tek where u just put the silicone sealant in the nipple part.  Should i just stick with the jars u think?

Here some links:   Baby bottle tek:http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7320513/an/0/page/0

One similar to the 1 u mentioned :http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6194327<<< this one is a whole grow log tho.

psilocybin warrior

I've never used honey I've heard its more difficult to spot contam's. I'd say the Karo might be one of the easiest and effective Lc teks out there.

>Should i just stick with the jars u think?

-You could always try both and see which one you like better.

PW

jrfungi

excuse the "dumb" newbie question.

What is the advantage of using the LC say in stead of WBS?

Do you colonize a casing with LC? Is it faster slower?

Seriously I am trying to learn so if these questions are completely ignorant please excuse me.

psilocybin warrior

It's cool man everyone has to start somewhere.  A LC is an innoculant where the spores have already germinated so of coarse ud use those instead of spores.  Wbs is for spawning, you colonize the WBS with LC.

PW

sin2win

yea dude, lc is like the spore syringe u recieve but better.  Its what u use to inuculate wbs, or anything else, with. u can make a lc w/ a smak amount of ure spore syringe.

BTW, i just bought some Karo and RTV silicone, ready to experiment!!

Baphom3t

Quote from: pinkstar on December 21, 2008, 05:19:21 PM
Hi! I've spent a lot of time on this site and you guys have helped me a lot. Every question I've had I've been able to find the answers here. So this is a thanks to everyone. I may have not been the one posting the questions but all the answers have helped. I'm new to this hobby, and I'm so excited now that my first flush is almost ready to be picked. So thanks again!!! ^_^

Communities are for helping each other out  -_-
Glad to be of service.

Baph

psilocybin warrior

pinkstar

thanks for the tek, I'm working on my LC right now!  -_-

My 2nd flush just started to pop up and I'm super excited. I'm so proud of myself. I was sure I would mess something up along the way. Thanks again for all the help. ^_^