contam or bruise???

Started by jrfungi, December 23, 2008, 03:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrfungi

PW, Baph, Sin??? Can you guys tell if this is contam or bruising? The pics suck sorry. I know Baph "when in doubt" but damn it is hard to throw them out after all this work (start of 2nd flush). Notice the inverted shroom on the right(the cap is next to the cake). Is that normal or just some freak???

Thanks guys for all your help!!

If i need to post better pics let me know...

psilocybin warrior

Yeah its hard to tell with those pics, from the look of it right now its bruising.  But try posting higher quality pics to be sure.

PW

Baphom3t

The pics are to blurry to tell if it's contam or mold.
You have a freaky mutant growing though.
The mutant could be just that, a mutant, or it could be due to enviromental conditions.

"I know Baph "when in doubt" but damn it is hard to throw them out after all this work (start of 2nd flush). "

Np,bud.
It's just a rule of thumb I adopted till I learnt the differance between growth and contams.

I hope your hands were sterile when you was handling that cake. ;)

Baph

jrfungi

Ok guys try these. I know to throw these out but i am trying to learn as much as possible with my first grow. Again, thanks for all your help!

other cake that has the same problem

mutant?

any suggestions on conditions and enviroment greatly appreciated!!!

Notice the hydrometer and the 80-88% RH. PW this is the problem i have been talking about in the other post?

psilocybin warrior

Are u sure its calibrated right? maybe since its attached to the wall ur not getting an accurate reading.  But a couple of those do look od so it might be working right afterall. Those droplets on the wall's look pretty big and ive heard that can have a negative effect on RH.  U should look into building a humidifier, wanna see mine?  it was only like 30 bucks and kill's 2 tubs about the size if not bigger than urs.

PW

jrfungi

Sure send pics. I bought everything today to build a new tub. Rubbermaid, airwands, pump, etc. I wash going to switch to expanded clay. I will keep trying until i get it right.

Baphom3t

The lighting on the last set of pics don't help to tell if that's blue or green mold or mycelium due to the color of the light.

If you know to throw those out,then why are you risking future grows by allowing those to grow and spread more shit?

The color of the light makes it impossible to tell if that's green,blue,blue/green, myc or trich on those cakes.
I'll say that it's bruising, until I see a pic I can tell without doubt that it is otherwise.
I'd get those aborts off there also before they turn much more black. :)
Sterilized tweezers work great for aborts. ;)

Baph

jrfungi

That growth in question is a deep blue..... 

I know i know!!!! I threw them out and only have 4 cakes left, they may fruit one more time. I was just trying to learn all i could. Again, it is hard to just get rid of them but i am sure it is for the best. I am messing with new FC and trying a different route for my next grow.

I have another question on a different subject, can i post it here?

WBS and/or popcorn? Spawn to substrate first and then case or just a straight  to 60/40 case. I have read so damn much i have confused myself!

psilocybin warrior

Colonize WBS, spawn peat/verm 60/40 or 100% verm, or peat/ver/cococoir, theres a lot of casing options.

PW