Growing Shrooms, a stinky affair?

Started by John, December 30, 2008, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Hi There, I wanted to know if growing shrooms produced odors. I intend on growing some in my closet but I fear that odors could betray me. Is it really stinky, just a slight mushroom smell, or no odor at all? Thank you

Ps. I will be using a syringe and will be inoculating around 10x500ml jars.

psilocybin warrior

Depends on what substrates and fc you're planning on using.  Generally, the smell is not that strong so if its in your closet either way I see it you won't be betrayed.  You will need more than one syringe to innoc 10 pint jars.

PW

Bradini267

Maybe he got his syringe from www.earthstongue.com .
Then one would be sufficient.

kienchen

There's no odor because the stinky has been plodded,Thanks for it.

coyoteyogi

Just keep a pair of skaggy underwear near the front so that is what people will see if they open the door. Pretty much guaranteed that they won't dig any further... :wacko:

veda_sticks

No, they dont really produce much odour, not unless your filling an entire closet packed full of mushrooms and even thne, its nothing like if you were growing weed.

1 10CC syringe will do 10 pf cakes fine. 1cc per jar, though it can sometimes be a bit tricky doing 1/4cc per hole. Earths tongue sell 20CC syringes and they are the shit!

First signs of growth by day 2, fast colinisatoin and i have very strng rhyzo growth in every 1 of my jars.

coyoteyogi

Hey Veda. Show us some photos of your jars. What strain? I enjoy earthstongue too. Go to the http://www.earthstongue.com/funstuff/ and you'll see a very hot earth's tongue.

psilocybin warrior

Veda dissappeared when people started asking to see pics, maybe I was right all along.

PW

coyoteyogi

:mellow: Sorry. Here is the correct link to see a real earth's tongue. (worth the click)
http://www.earthstongue.com/site/388422/page/65437

shroomzer

Hey PW .. if you noticed the guy/girl only comes on and posts at like after 10 P.M. or reeeeally early in the A.M. ..... but yeah when he's/she's asked to produce a pic you sure don't see it.  I can read a tek I don't need his twelve paragraph quotes from the tek ...... =/

psilocybin warrior

Right? all the tek's are out there, the purpose of this forum isnt for regurgitation of them. Its for quick support, linking, and many other things.

PW