Ok what do u use???

Started by Cameltom, January 04, 2009, 06:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameltom

i was wondering what Ur favorate technique is???

Baphom3t

Huh?
I'm gonna assume you are asking about TEKs.
In which case for me is grains.

Baph

psilocybin warrior

I like casing grains as well with poopie n straw or jiffy mix, also making doodoo bags.

PW

Cameltom

i was thinking of using straw
does it work really well ??
and u would spawn that right thats what u said crumbling a pf cake or shaking the grains so u can evenly spread the spawn wile casing right??

Baphom3t

Straw and manure has nutes and are not good for a casing material , straw and manure is best suited for spawning to bulk.

Good casing materials are 60/40 verm/coir or any ratio above 50/50.
100% verm,top soil.
Although coir has nutes in it and is considered a bulk sub like straw and manure, it works pretty good for a casing material.

A good rule of thumb for best results is to use a casing that is non - nutrtitive or as close as you can get to it.
Some of my best results came from 80/20 but then I've also had great results with just top soil.

Baph

psilocybin warrior

I've never used just straw but I've seen straw logs that have done very well.  Yes, crumbling the cakes makes it super easy to evenly spread and I think it colonizes faster (atleast in my exp) some people might say otherwise. I've only done a couple poo casings but baphs right the yeild isn't spectacular but you do get mad flushes.  Ive had the best results with poo when I made my own invitro bags that were pretty kick ass.  Put the spawn in with the poo wait a couple days n then after colonization fruit it while its still in da bag its a pretty laxed tek.  But other than that monotubs work really well for a huge1st flush.  Ive been having a lot of extra verm left and spawn so ive done some 100% verm tubs and casings ill post some pics later on. But I guess I don't have a favorite tek, I sorta like em all...like micheal baultons music.

PW