i just thot of this my gf is

Started by Cameltom, January 05, 2009, 04:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameltom

my girl friend is allergic to mushrooms. So do any of u know if me growing them in our bed room would hurt her???
i would grow them in the living room but i had a littel girl 3 month ago, my family always comes over to c her now
so u can c y I'm thinking about this
can some one help me out

psilocybin warrior

my girl friend is allergic to mushrooms. So do any of u know if me growing them in our bed room would hurt her???

- I have no clue so I don't wanna say yes and have something happen later on but I would doubt it since their almost always in a sealed container.  What you could do is make a flowhood, theres a tek on this site if u diddn't know.  Also congrats on having a daughter bro!

PW

Cameltom

hay thanks man
i guess I'm going to have to find out the hard way
i really don't think anything will happen to her any way
unless she eats them
that would be bad

Baphom3t

"my girl friend is allergic to mushrooms. So do any of u know if me growing them in our bed room would hurt her???"

The spores will more likely pose a problem for her.
I grow in my bedroom and have had first hand knowledge of what can happen when mushies break their veils.
You'd be better off growing in a clean basement or somewhere where she will not be going in the house.
Be careful cause you may not know what type of reaction she may have from the spores as they drop.
The only other thing you could do is to harvest before the veils break or do outdoor grows.

Baph

Cameltom

could i bring them out side 2 harvest????

psilocybin warrior

Logically yes, but then they might be more likely to get contam'd.  But if you smart aboot it you could pull it off, a

PW

Cameltom

I found this info on shoomery.com
Many people seem a bit confused as to what peroxide can and can not do. Hydrogen peroxide will kill bacteria and fungal spores and inhibit the growth of yeasts. Unfortunately, mushroom spores fall under the category of fungal spores, so they will not germinate on peroxidated agar because they are killed on contact. The good part about this is that mold spores, such as spores from the dreaded green mold, fall under this category as well and are also killed upon contact with the agar surface. What will grow on peroxidated agar is existing fungal colonies, such as your living mushroom mycelium, because their cells can produce enzymes that will cause the peroxide to be broken down into water and oxygen. The downside, however, is that existing colonies of some molds, such as green mold, are also capable of producing these enzymes, so peroxide will not guard against mold spores that have already germinated. But perhaps the best attribute of peroxide is that it will kill all bacteria, so you will never have a problem with bacterial contamination on peroxide enriched agar.

i found this on a web site
do you think if i put peroxide in my cool air humidifier???
maybe

jrfungi

DUDE grow a bunch of cakes and get back with us!!! You are putting the cart before the horse!!!!