fact of life?

Started by jrfungi, January 07, 2009, 04:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrfungi

Are contams just a fact of life?

I am on my 3rd set of cakes and today I had my first jar contam. Is it just something that happens to everyone? I know there are a million reasons why but it is kind of bothering me. :huh:

fattrout

yeah dude get used to it. i im on my 5th set of jars, so far it looks good. it does get better, my 1st set i lost half my jars. you just have to make adjustment to your cleaning process as you go.. i now spray my whole house with lysol before
i do my work. and all work area with 99% alcohol. my 3rd and 4th sets i only lost 2 jars but the cotams are everywhere..

good luck, fattrout
fattrout

psilocybin warrior

Build a mini air filter for the ventelation into the room you use as well.

PW

Baphom3t

"Are contams just a fact of life?"

Aspergillus niger is known to cause breathing problems and flu like symptoms which can lead to further breathing issues.

Mold spores are divided into three groups, Allergenic: Those that may cause allergic reactions such as wheezing or runny nose; Pathogenic: Those that may cause suppression of the immune system; and Toxic: Those that may lead to more serious health problems.

Get use to it and do a better job at practicing your Sterility TEK.
If you are emptying out the jars in your trash, your fucking yourself also by releasing more into your house ;)

Unwanted molds and fungus is a fact of life.
You don't like it you'll have to take that up with whatever you call a god or a creator :)

Baph

pinkstar

Luckily I haven't had any issues *knocks on wood* I use a glove box and I sterilize a small bathroom to do all my work in. I think I spent more time wiping everything down than I did inoculating my jars.

fattrout

oh BTW i also do all my work in front of a hepa filter. i have a walk in closet under the stairs in my house i turned into my "lab" .. LOL  it's pretty nice because of its location the temperature seems to stay pretty consistant.
FT
fattrout

jrfungi

"If you are emptying out the jars in your trash, your fucking yourself also by releasing more into your house"

That cake is out on the back 40 no where near the house!!!!

Thanks guys for the info. I will keep an eye out for more!!!