Recent posts

PF - Tek / Question
Last post by karel196 - April 04, 2014, 09:04:04 PM
Hello All, I have 20 logs of acacia, which of mushrooms can I cultivat ? Thank You / Karel
Cultivation / Re: Nov 2013 TEO Mushroom Jour...
Last post by fmrc - March 04, 2014, 07:41:12 AM
.....seems strange you did not understand anything?  I'd say you must be in some kind of darkness.  I have never had a comment like that before.
PF - Tek / Airing and spraying
Last post by rockhound2040 - February 24, 2014, 07:00:53 PM
 :rolleyes: Just a thought , I just picked up a spray bottle and it had a small fall on it so when you mist the fan makes smaller droplets. hopefully it will also move enough air to satisfy requirements. this was a cheep buy and may save some work . Keep growing and good karma. 
PF - Tek / Shrunk cakes
Last post by rockhound2040 - February 24, 2014, 05:18:21 PM
 I have a question, my cakes have shrunk by 30% is this normal? I used filter lids without putting the metal lid on. Could this be to much air exchange? I'm also looking into plastic jars as I have seen some info on them, any thoughts would be helpful.
Cultivation / Re: brewery grains
Last post by Craiger - February 02, 2014, 08:29:18 AM
Has anyone done a pf tek with brewing grains, or used it as a supplement for straw logs?
Cultivation / brewery grains
Last post by Craiger - February 01, 2014, 06:48:12 PM
I just got 10 gallons of spent brewery grains from a local brewery. In it there is 4 kinds of malt,  oatmeal flakes, rice hulls, yeast, any ideas on what I should start with first? Any help will be great.
Cultivation / #101 Jan 2014 "THE MUSHROOM CU...
Last post by fmrc - January 30, 2014, 09:03:51 AM
The #101 January 2014 Edition of "THE  MUSHROOM  CULTURE", The Journal of Mushroom Cultivation (TMC) is uploaded and available for free read and download.  Go to www.mushroomsfmrc.com and then click "TMC Journals".  Enjoy.  slp/fmrc

C O N T E N T S

TMC Journal Subscriptions and other Journal Information.............................01

Calocybe indica (The Milky Mushroom), The Cultivation of............................02

Condensation on Petri Dish Lids.....................................................................02

Notes on Pasteurization and Sterilization...............................................02

Amanita phalloides found................................................................................02

HEPA Filters And Cloning...............................................................................03

Mushrooms Make Their Own Breeze..............................................................03

Microscopes...04

Mycology in the Media....................................................................................04

Strange Mushrooms In Iraq.......................................................................04

Fungi and Shale Oil...................................................................................04

Spider Fungus...........................................................................................05

Salamanders attacked by fungus..............................................................05

Cooking With Mushrooms..............................................................................06

How To Place An Ad In TMC.........................................................................07

CONGRATULATIONS TO Winners of FREE TMC Subscriptions.................07

Culture Flask..................................................................................................08

FREE Mushroom Spore Print Sample S0341, Coprinus comatus.................08

Mushroom Quiz..............................................................................................08

Color Photograph Lepiota americana............................................................09

PF - Tek / veteran coming out of retireme...
Last post by scotamiran - December 16, 2013, 10:33:19 AM
hey guys, im looking to get back into growing, did a bunch a while back, and am starting off simple to get my feet back under me. ive got a couple queries id like to run past the community here.

first off, im starting back w the pf tek of course, instead of trying to jump right in w casings or something. my jar lids have a bit of rust on them. i know i can go with the three layers of foil instead of lids, but im just curious in general to know just how dangerous rust can be in terms of sterilization. obvsly any sort of unwanted substance can lead to contamination, and of course each case is specific to its own variables, however i wanted to know what you all had experienced with that.

secondly, ive got a nice pressure cooker that actually didnt even come with a bottom tray (my mother picked it up at an estate sale bc she thought i was cooking food and canning fruits or some shit ;) ).

this is it:
http://www.amazon.com/Members-Mark-Pressure-Settings-Cooker/dp/B002RZWDTC

now ive never used it before, much less for sterilizing substrate jars. its got this "tri-ply" bottom that i assume acts as a layer of protection against jars cracking, however id hate to go thru the time and find half my jars fuckered. any one have experience with this pc?

lastly, my syringe was ordered online from a buddy of mine, and its been sitting in a closed bag for almost a year now. theres still visible spore chunks, but i wanted to know if theres a shelf life for syringes/spores such as this.

thx for your help. im sure i couldve found answers to these with some research on my own; please excuse my laziness.

s
Cultivation / Nov 2013 TEO Mushroom Journal ...
Last post by fmrc - November 17, 2013, 09:31:59 AM
The Nov 2013 Issue #46 TEO is now posted up for free read.  Go to www.mushroomsfmrc.com and then click "TEO Journals" off of the Main Menu.  Enjoy.  slp/fmrc   

C O N T E N T S
                                      For #46 TEO November 2013
Subscription and Other Journal Information.........................................01
Magic Mushrooms Repair Brain Damage From Extreme Trauma..............02
PTSD is not just psychological......................................................................02
Decriminalization of Psilocybin Could Help Millions......................................03
How Mushroom Spores Are Spread About The World..................................03
Antidote For Amanita muscaria and Muscarine..........................................04
Wrong And Incorrect Posts Made About Me and FMRC...............................05
Microscope Tips............................................................................................06
Amanita phalloides found in NY..................................................................06
Georgia's Laws Against Psilocybe Spores And Cultures..............................06
PSYCHOACTIVE  MUSHROOM QUIZ  "PMQ"...........................................07
How to Win a Year's Free Subscription to "TEO".........................................07
FREE TEO Subscriptions Given...................................................................08
Culture Flask, Is This Your Last Issue..........................................................08
FREE Mushroom Spore Print Sample In This Issue....................................08
Color Photograph Panaeolus castaniefolius
PF - Tek / Psilocybe Caerulea
Last post by Stuntman_Mike - October 26, 2013, 03:52:00 PM
Greetings.

I have found couple of them near my house, does anyone knows they are active??