Recent posts

Cultivation / Re: Is this mycelium?
Last post by anno - August 26, 2013, 12:50:52 AM
I think you are misting too much. Try misting less(or stop misting for a day or 2), and open the container a few times a day for a few moments and to give it a air exchange.
Cultivation / Is this mycelium?
Last post by Plastique - August 23, 2013, 12:57:30 PM
So I ordered a kit from some website and did everything by the book. The fungi are now in the fruiting stage, and I've picked about a gram and a half so far. The thing is, when I pick them, the caps are purpley black and soggy, like mush - not gold like P. Cubensis (what they're supposed to be). Maybe I'm just picking them too late? As they're growing, you can see a little bit of gold under the white stringy veil.
I mist at least 3 times per day. Anyone know what's going on?

General topics / Re: yo Baph,
Last post by perronotto - August 18, 2013, 07:54:34 PM
thank
PF - Tek / Re: Culture jar colonization?
Last post by SeptimusSignus - August 12, 2013, 10:03:36 PM
Seriously guys? 106 views and not one person has an answer for this. There's no way I can be the first person with this problem.
PF - Tek / Culture jar colonization?
Last post by SeptimusSignus - August 05, 2013, 11:42:08 AM
I started my first grow using the PF Tek a little over a week ago. All 12 jars seem to be doing fine, a few look like they're almost done and I haven't noticed any contam. I'm not sure when they'll be ready though, because they seem to colonizing from the bottom up. I read in the description of the PF-Tek that the bottom of the jar is usually colonized last.

In my case, the bottoms of a few jars are already colonized, but not the tops. How will I know when they are fully colonized and ready to be moved into a terrarium? I can't see through the lid or the layer of dry vermiculite, and I don't want to risk exposing the cakes to contam if there's an empty spot. Advice?
Cultivation / Re: CC to speed ratio?
Last post by NathanHarmon - July 27, 2013, 01:42:40 AM
Quote from: darksyde on November 29, 2012, 03:15:52 PM
Hi and welcome

Coulda saved you some cash before you bought your "easy grow" jars by advising against them.. A lot of companies sell overpriced, ready-made kits & jars with promises of unrealistic results..

What jars did you order and where from?  With any luck they will work and this attempt can be successful, but I have some suggestions for your future grows when you're ready..

Dont like to shatter hopes & dreams, but Christmas led lighting is probably going to be out of the question unless you know someone that can hook you up.. From spore to shroom is usually gonna be in the 5-8 week range with the PF tek.

About a half cc per hole is the norm, and usually 4 holes per PF jar..  Using any more than that wont speed it up, its just a waste. You cant rush nature!

You can harvest them anytime you wish.  Shrooms stop producing psilocin and psilocybin when the veil breaks, so if you want more grin for the gram, as soon as its starting to separate is the best time to pull em.

Thanks for the information.. i am looking to invest in jars but I really liked your thought process as it will save me some money.. Thanks again
General topics / Re: Help with identification
Last post by WillxKill - July 21, 2013, 12:00:30 PM
Well I know there not Liberty Caps and not edible and please don't pick any random mushroom unless you know for a fact its active and edible. And that's different mushrooms you picked right there I real suggest you not to eat any you don't know. Go by or grow some mushrooms before you start picking any random one you see.  :mellow:
PF - Tek / Re: No pins! Myc is white and ...
Last post by psilocybin warrior - July 17, 2013, 02:35:08 PM
Mycelium doesn't "eat" vermiculite but it will grow around it. Everything looks fine to me and seems to be exhibiting some healthy growth recovery from the dunking and rolling. Just be patient and pins will come.
PF - Tek / No pins! Myc is white and bump...
Last post by dafonz6987 - July 15, 2013, 08:30:45 PM
this is my first time in the FC, SWIM  SGFC Also SWIM has 5000-6500k LED ribbon light set up on fruiting chamber running a 12/12. SWIM waited until cakes were 100% colonized and a week to let myc consolidate. SWIM dunkedd for 24 hours in room temp water no fridge. SWIM rolled in dry verm and now that it has been inside fruiting chamber it seems to be eating the dry verm and now there is almost none left.... no pins yet! it just seems cakes are just getting fuzzier and fuzzier. SWIM doesnt know if maybe he's having a FAE issue or what.... these are the pictures u can look at and tell me what u think i should do to get these bad boys fruiting... oh yeah the humidity is constantly at 90-95% and he has an exaughts fan that he runs 4 times a day....
General topics / Re: Hello
Last post by psilocybin warrior - July 14, 2013, 02:08:30 PM
If you want to work here, you have to pay.