Fungifun - Forum

Mushroom cultivation => Cultivation => Topic started by: heartx on March 25, 2009, 07:39:59 AM

Title: Another mold question
Post by: heartx on March 25, 2009, 07:39:59 AM
I know alot of us newbie are asking if what we see on our cakes are mold but thank you for answering us=P I'm happy my cakes are finally beginning to pin, but on one of them I've noticed 3 littles blue-green spot, maybe I'm just paranoying, I know blue spot are okay, but I don't like the greenish in it. These are the best pics I could make of the spot, It's really small but i think it's better to prevent than to be sick or throw away all my cakes!
(http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5336/firstl.jpg)
(http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9760/seconds.jpg)
Title: Re: Another mold question
Post by: psilocybin warrior on March 25, 2009, 12:29:23 PM
It's hard to tell, best wait another day and see how it looks. If it turns out to be mold, dont throw it out right away...cut it out with a steril knife.

PW
Title: Re: Another mold question
Post by: fun guy bplus on March 25, 2009, 08:50:20 PM
LOOKS LIKE BRUISING TO ME. take a q tip and moisten the tip with sterile h2o and rub spot in question gently and if color comes off cake on2 qtip its mold. if not u ok. best 2 test and keep a scrutinizing eye on it. best of luk 2 u
Title: Re: Another mold question
Post by: heartx on March 26, 2009, 06:31:02 AM
I'll wait a day to see how it's doing and if it look bad I'll do your q-tip trick.