Fungifun - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - blackkbot

Pages: [1]
1
PF - Tek / Re: pinning
« on: March 16, 2008, 03:35:16 AM »
You need to put then in your fruiting chamber. Mist them down on and fan them 3 times a day. And get one of those energy saving light bulbs and put it on 12 hours on and off to make them fruit.

2
PF - Tek / Re: pinning
« on: March 15, 2008, 02:14:42 PM »
How long have they been fully colonized? Have you introduced them to pinning triggers? Like light, fresh air exchange or temperature drop.

3
PF - Tek / Re: innoculation
« on: March 04, 2008, 01:50:06 PM »
I just knocked up some rye with 1cc on Friday and I am just seeing results 4 days later and not much mind you. Just give it some time It should work.

4
PF - Tek / Re: innoculation
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:13:49 PM »
Should be enough. If you put too much it will mess up the water content of the bag. Did you shake the syringe before knocking it up?

5
PF - Tek / Re: alchol instead of peroxide
« on: February 29, 2008, 01:32:43 PM »
when casing can you use rubbing alchol in the water instead of peroxide

Who in hell told you that? Peroxides only use in a casing is to Melt Cobweb mold.
That's not true. Peroxide doesn't protect against living molds or fungi, only spores. As long as everything is sterile from the start peroxide only protects it from airborne contaminants. I am pretty sure that alcohol wouldn't work.

6
General topics / Re: Preping Shroom Tea Early
« on: February 20, 2008, 12:28:02 PM »
My friend does that because he can't eat them. He claims it works.

7
Cultivation / Re: perlite
« on: February 10, 2008, 01:52:34 AM »
NO! WTF? what is wrong with this? You don't know want any kind of cake going on your perlite...you don't know what kind of mold spores have been on there ever since you put it into your FC...that is why people use FOIL.....

Does it really matter if spores get on your cake? Aren't your cakes supposed to be 100% colonized? So mold spores getting on your cake shouldn't matter. I heard people use foil because the cakes don't do very well if they are waterlogged. Since touching the perlite would make it wet, being exactly what you don't want, you use foil. Am I right?

I also heard that anything in the perlite just creates mold which doesn't hurt the mushrooms but I don't imagine it's a good idea.

I think I got all this information from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJQrsZFQdE

Pages: [1]