rye seed substrate

Started by redeye, January 29, 2009, 11:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

Hello, I'm about to embark on my first grow quest.

I want to use a rye seed substrate so I can keep the stain going (I'm using "penis envy" from Hawks Eye)

I know I have to constently aggitate the rye so the myc doesn't form a single clump if I want use that jar to inoculate other jars, but what about the jars that i want to case or fruiting, do those need to be aggitated?

also, when I do case the rye seed jars do I need a bottom layer in my terrarium? and what should I use as casing material, can I use straight verm or do I need to mix it with somehing (like peet moss or cow poop)?

advice is appreciated
thanks

redeye

sin2win

constanly "aggitaiting " jars will slow down colinization IMO.   do a bit more reasearch and i suggest start with cakes.  u can case with 100% verm or 60/40 peat, whatever u want.  a casing layer is like a microclimate.  don't case w/ hpoo <-- thats a bulk sub.  u can spawn u're rye to hpoo but again, do a lot more research be4 u attempt anythin like this.

<want to use a rye seed substrate so I can keep the stain going (I'm using "penis envy" from Hawks Eye)

i'm not sure what u mean by that but i think u mean Grain 2 grain.  Again dude get a grow in be4 u start messing w/ shit like that.  trust me, i got ahead of myself at first 2,  i wanted to do everything.... patiance is key, take it step by step.

psilocybin warrior

Hello, I'm about to embark on my first grow quest.

-Start with the Pf-tek

I want to use a rye seed substrate so I can keep the stain going

-Do you mean spawn? Do you mean rye berry's or rye grass seed?

I know I have to constently aggitate the rye so the myc doesn't form a single clump

- You wan't a single clump...?eeer what size jars are you using?

but what about the jars that i want to case or fruiting, do those need to be aggitated?

:huh: Stop getting ahead of yourself no offence but you have no idea what your doing/planning on doing, stick with the pf-tek for a little while as you do more research.
Im sorry but im done with this, START PF-TEK!!!! im sure the other experienced member's will agree with me.  Your post has assured me your not ready for what your planning on doing, im not trying to be a </a>---- or anything like that It just feels like your setting yourself up for failure and wasted money i'm just trying to help YOU out.
:rolleyes:.........start pf-tek dude...! trust me

PW

jrfungi

I am starting my first grow as well and was wondering what size petri dishes you recommend?

LOL!!

DUDE grow cakes a few times and listen to these guys very carefully. Do not let their constructive criticism hurt your feelings. They are only trying to help!!!

redeye

point taking gentlemen. pf tek it is, for now

thanks for the heads up I always try to jump straight into the advanced shit.

psilocybin warrior

Yea im like that too, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away anno convinced me to start with the pf-tek.

PW